Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thanhvn
    • Jun 2002

how to view contents of .sub files?

is there a way to view the contents of .sub files created by vobsub? i don't know how to do so using vobsub. is there other software that lets me do it?

i am asking because i have several .sub files (for the same movie) and i need to know which one to use to hard-code into the movie (i.e. i don't want the director's comments) and the .ifo file doesn't specify which subtitle stream is which.
  • namiefan
    • Jan 2004

if u simply want to see the contents of the file, you can use any text editor. If u know what u are doing, u can even edit the subtitles in the text editor. Otherwise, there are many subtitler programs that support .sub type.

Take a look here:
    Digital Digest DivX XviD Software Section - List of recommended, top 10 DivX, XviD and AVI software, latest news and updates

Comment

• thanhvn
      • Jun 2002

.sub is a popular extension for many types of subtitles, however, none can open a .sub from vobsub (note: vobsub, not microdvd, sonic, etc.). even submax, which claims to open up to 65 different formats can't open .sub from vobsub.

i tried it using notepad and ms word but no luck as there is a special encoding which neither understands.

any help appreciated.

Comment

• BoF
        • Nov 2001

.sub you are refering to contain pictures of each text that has to be displayed. that's why you can't see what's included.
        use subrip to convert pictures to text.
        [www.scandiumrecords.com][Logan dataspirit]

Comment

• UncasMS
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2001

a couple of player should be able to load subs optionally and show them with any given movie

bsplayer at least can do so

so open any film you like, then rightclick on bsplayer and go to *load subtitles*

this way your subs should be displayed

Comment

• thanhvn
            • Jun 2002

thanks, bof, subrip works wonderfully and is exactly what i need. (there are a ton of subtitle tools on this site and without your recommendation i would have to try all of them one by one). this saves me countless hours. thanks.

Comment

Working...