Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SomeDanishGuy
    • Jan 2004

Divx to SVCD audio synch problem

ok..plain and simple. This isn't a regular audio synch problem, at least not to me. As a avi, divx 5.1.1 file, the audio is perfectly in synch, yet when converted to svcd using tmpgenc the audio in the mpeg file is slightly delayed, no more than a about a quarter second. it's not stretched either, just delayed by the same amount all the way throughout. I've tried everything i can think of. Someone please help. thanks a bunch in advance.
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

maybe you could find out the delay the audio stream has in your original file and remux your svcd-files with this delay setting

to find the delay load the file into virtualdubMOD, go to streams => stream list

rightclick on your audio stream and take a look at the *interleaving* settings

Comment

• SomeDanishGuy
      • Jan 2004

hmm..loaded it to virtualdubmod, did as you said. no audio delay, but a box is checked next to "offset audio to maintain a/v sync". could this be it? also it says 500 ms of audio is preloaded, but im sure thats not delay. hmm....any other ideas?

Comment

• SomeDanishGuy
        • Jan 2004

ok..me again, i noticed something else. When I do encode the avi divx file to svcd, i choose SVCD NTSC Film in Tmpegenc, yet the resulting mpeg file is 25 fps when i check the file information in a software dvd player. shoudln't it output it to 29.97 or 23.97? just something i observed...might be related to audio synch problem stated earlier...

Comment

• ormonde
          Digital Video Explorer
          • Dec 2003

Visit the following Thread:

It might provide some helpful information.

Comment

• SomeDanishGuy
            • Jan 2004

thx for the link ormonde, but the problem isn't with the original avi divx file. it is in sync fine. it is only when i convert it to svcd using tmpgenc that the audio is slightly delayed throughout the video. thanks again tho...

Comment

Working...