StaxRip builds (x264, AAC, XviD, DivX, AC3, MP3, AVI, MKV, DIVX container)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tekNerd
    • Feb 2006

Thanks for reply! Ok! I will send u a mail with the zip file!

Comment

• gianscanu
      • Oct 2002

Cannot upgrade MP4box

Hi, I just want to report a small problem in last revision: the external application tool says MP4box is out of date, but download does not work.

Bye

P.S.: the program is great!

Comment

• stax
        • Dec 2005

Here is a build that links to MP4Box hosted by myself: http://www.planetdvb.net/staxrip/StaxRip_Hotfix.zip
        StaxRip

Comment

• gianscanu
          • Oct 2002

Done! Thanks

Comment

• Lupissimo
            • Feb 2006

There seems to be a problem with audio delay if you add an external cbr.mp3 file. After encoding there is always an out-of-sync problem ( audio too early between 150 and 450 ms!) This problem does not exist, if you input the same file as .mpa and let StaxRip do the conversion.

I want to do the mpa=> mp3 conversion externally using audition pro 1.5 since this allows converting to mono and getting rid of noise spikes etc.

This problem did not occur with the old program DVX. Any idea where to look for a solution?

Lupissimo

Correction!!

Sorry! This is NOT a StaxRip Problem, but audition for some strange reason cuts the .mpa file !
            Last edited by Lupissimo; 20 Feb 2006, 09:55 PM.

Comment

• stax
              • Dec 2005

0.9.3.2 (2006-02-21)

• new: Added preparer that decodes using DirectShow and defaults for WMV and RMVB.
              • new: 'Auto crop until proper aspect ratio is found'. This option is useful for devices like PlayStation Portable. It's know as smart crop and the used algorithm was improved.
              • new: PMP Muxer and PlayStation Portable template.
              • new: Option to define percentage to use for compressibility check.
              StaxRip

Comment

• rhys87
                • Feb 2006

hi i live in Australia and receive mpeg streams from my tv card at 50fps. I would like to know if there is anyway to change framerate in staxrip, maybe add fdecimate to the avisynthh filters or something??
                i would like x264 video files that are 25fps instead of 50fps, your help will be appreciated

Comment

• sun
                  • Feb 2006

staxrip and deshaker plugin

Hi,
                  thanks for this great prog. I use it for converting camcorder/dv to divx. A great plugin for camcorder/dv is deshaker (http://www.guthspot.se/video/deshaker.htm).
                  At the moment this is not compatible with staxrip for 2 reasons:
                  1. It is a virtualdub and not a avisynth plugin. This could probably worked around because I remember there is a wrapper to load virtualdub plugins into avisynth.
                  2. It needs 2 passes. I did not figure out how to achive this with staxrip

My question:
                  Do you see any possibility to use staxrip with deshaker in future?

Comment

• rhys87
                    • Feb 2006

i figured out the 50fps problem. i installed FDecimate in both aivsynth plugins directory and staxrip applications directory then created filter with script FDecimate(rate=25,threshold=1) then successfully turned a 50fps video into 25fps
                    StaxRip is some program keep up the good work

Comment

• stax
                      • Dec 2005

Do you see any possibility to use staxrip with deshaker in future?
                      If it can't work I'll need a detailed description of why.
                      StaxRip

Comment

• sun
                        • Feb 2006

Originally Posted by stax
                        If it can't work I'll need a detailed description of why.
                        The deshaker plugin needs to be run twice.

Durings the first pass it collects information about the panning and rotation from frame to frame. This information is stored into a file (by default C:\deshaker.log)for use into the second pass. During the first pass the output shows the movement vectors from frame to frame. So the output of pass 1 can be discarded. The purpose of pass one is only to create C:\deshaker.log.

During the second pass the deshaker plugin uses c:\deshaker.log to output the filtered video stream for further processing.

So to complete all processing at once, staxrip would need to run the video processing part once (deshaker pass1) while discarding the output video stream, and then run it again (deshaker pass2), compress the output video stream and mux it with the processed sound stream.

As an advanced feature, deshaker can use Previous and future frames to fill in borders, the following section is quoted from the deshaker manual:

Originally Posted by deshaker manual
                        Since VirtualDub filters can't access future frames, the filter uses a little trick. It collects frames and delays the output by as many frames as you've set for future frames. This causes a couple of problems that can be dealt with pretty easily once you know how. First you need to delay the audio. You can do that in the VirtualDub menu Audio/Interleaving. While collecting frames, a text in the output video will tell you how many milliseconds to delay the audio. Second, you must offset the end marker in VirtualDub by the same number of frames. Otherwise you won't get the last few frames. If you don't have enough frames in the end, just append any clip. Those source frames won't be used for anything anyway.

So in order to use this feature, staxrip would need to have the possibility to delay the sound by 30 frames (in PAL 1200ms).

Furthermore it would be neat if staxrip could append 30 frames
                        (just black) to the source video before processing it and then cut the first 30 frames of the beginning after the processing.

Comment

• stax
                          • Dec 2005

@sun

All this might be possible with Staxrip since it supports multipass encoding and AviSynth filters. I can't help much however with specialized topics unless somebody provides great help telling me exactly what is the problem and telling me exactly how to solve it because there wouldn't be any time left for basic support and features.
                          StaxRip

Comment

• phunkypm
                            • Mar 2006

PMP sound issue

I am using the default PMP container to convert vob to pmp, everything works awesome except the sound, on some vobs i convert the sound comes out choppy and sometimes laggy. I was wondering if there were any solutions to this problem. If i use another program (which i don't want to use) using the same vob everything comes out ok. I have even listened to the mp3 that is ripped from the vob and it sounds perfect. but when it is muxed with the avi and then played with pmp mod it has the bad sound. I even tried checking the "use virtual dub instead of virtual dub mod."

This program is the best, its an all in one for sure, when i get these sound issues figured out i will be very impressed by this program.

Thanks in advance for any help.
                            Last edited by phunkypm; 1 Mar 2006, 06:24 AM.

Comment

• stax
                              • Dec 2005

@phunkypm

Which audio profile did you use? The one of the PMP template?
                              StaxRip

Comment

• phunkypm
                                • Mar 2006

On the new version (0.9.3.2) i only see MP3 audio choice no PMP, i use the 128kbs mp3 cbr 44100Khz. I used an older version before you implemented the PMP profile which had an option of pmp 96 or 128. I don't see that option on the new version.

THX for the quick reply and any help.

Ok i found what i need to do and i will test this afternoon when i get home, After selecting the above mp3 profile you have to edit it and select PMP for output? I think that is my problem.

Thanks for the help, i will test and let you know if all goes ok. THX again AWESOME PROGRAM, i have used at least 5 others and this one is by far the BEST!

----------------------------------------------------

OK i tried using the pmp output for the audio and it gave me error saying i must use AVI, MP3 CBR

So now what? Am i using the right config i know i have selected PMP (Playstation Portable)??
                                Last edited by phunkypm; 1 Mar 2006, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Working...