StaxRip builds (x264, AAC, XviD, DivX, AC3, MP3, AVI, MKV, DIVX container)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phunkypm
    • Mar 2006

Ok i used the mp3 audio and did everything like before but this time i used what rhys87 said about FDecimate and changed the fps to 23.976 and i also used the noise filter extreme. I am not sure which one did it but one of them did and my sound is perfect again.

Best all in one converter there is for PMP mod. Keep up the good work.

Comment

• phunkypm
      • Mar 2006

well i guess that method doesn't work for every movie, seems as if action packed movies have troubles.

Any other suggestions??

Comment

• test33
        • Mar 2006

Hi guys, i have only one problem with staxrip. I would like to insert a logo into a video i want to encode.
        So far I have tried to use Xlogo plugin for Avisynth, placed into plugin folder, created a script for this filter in staxrip - Xlogo("d:/logo.bmp",436,462,180).
        But when i execute staxrip, i get some error - Avisynth open failure: Crop: YV12 images can only be cropped by even numbers (bottom). If I disable Xlogo only, all other settings remain the same, encoding runs OK.

Help please

Comment

• tekNerd
          • Feb 2006

Originally Posted by test33
          Hi guys, i have only one problem with staxrip. I would like to insert a logo into a video i want to encode.
          So far I have tried to use Xlogo plugin for Avisynth, placed into plugin folder, created a script for this filter in staxrip - Xlogo("d:/logo.bmp",436,462,180).
          But when i execute staxrip, i get some error - Avisynth open failure: Crop: YV12 images can only be cropped by even numbers (bottom). If I disable Xlogo only, all other settings remain the same, encoding runs OK.

Help please
          As far as I know xlogo is a "delogo" kind of plugin. This is how I used anyway!

Comment

• test33
            • Mar 2006

uhm... so is there anything for adding a logo?

Comment

• tekNerd
              • Feb 2006

Originally Posted by test33
              uhm... so is there anything for adding a logo?
              Try this: http://www.videohelp.com/forum/userg...99389.php#logo

And some more googleing!

Comment

• stax
                • Dec 2005

0.9.9.0 (2006-03-11)

• new: Go To dialog in preview splitted in two different diaogs, one frame based and one time based.
                • new: The script used to show infos in the preview can be customized in the advanced options.
                • new: The actions available in the customizable menus are now called commands and are avaiable at the command line.
                • new: Preview has a new menu item to copy the frame number of the current position to the clipboard. It is useful to create zones in the codec configuration e.g. to encode the credits at a high quantizer. The new commands and macros used for this menu item are indroduced below.
                • new: Option for the threshold at which force film is used.
                • new: Forced shutdown modes.
                • new: MP3 enabled for MP4 container.
                • new command : 'Show Message Box' with title, message and icon parameter, available globally.
                • new command: 'Copy To Clipboard', available globally.
                • new command: 'Perform Auto Crop', available in the main window and from the command line.
                • new command: 'Perform Smart Crop', available in the main window and from the command line.
                • new macro: '%pos_frame%' returns the current position of the preview in frames, available globally.
                • fix: Applying IVTC filters and cutting caused audio being not synced.
                • fix: BeSweet AAC problem using Nero 7 because of missing MFC71.dll which is now always copied to the BeSweet dir.
                • fix: Changed all AAC audio profiles to use the dimzon plugin to workaround problems with Nero 7.
                • fix: 100% film sources wasn't detected as such.
                • change: Renamed 'Post Processing Mode' to back to 'Batch Mode' and tested, improved and fixed this mode.
                • change: x264 version updated.
                • change: Preparer to demux AVI supports now multiple input files.
                Last edited by stax; 12 Mar 2006, 12:10 AM.
                StaxRip

Comment

• duckvador
                  • Mar 2006

hello Stax

I will like to know if it will be possible to encoding with vp7 in the future

thank
                  duckvador

Comment

• Eingang
                    • Mar 2006

@Stax

I really love your program, it´s the very best frontend for such a lot tools and it works so reliable, it´s unbelievable. Respect to you.

Feature Requests:

- Implement 3ivX Codec
                    - Increase DivX passes up to 7
                    - Implement usage of Vdub filters

Would be very happy too see that one day..... THX

Comment

• deetommy
                      • Mar 2006

I have small problem vith staxrip. DVD have diferent audio chanels but after convert audio to ac3 i have only 2 and original sound missing. is staxrip able to copy directstreem from vob? is there any posibility to save original sound of movie?

Comment

• Rebecca70111
                        • Apr 2006

Hi First, a big thanks for this wonderful program, it's such a joy to use.

I am using StaxRip 0.9.9.1
                        Now, I am trying to figure out how to use the FDecimate AVISynth filter with StaxRip. I have read numerous articles, and my eyes are about to pop out their sockets

So I am hoping you can explain to me in laymen's terms how to do this. I have downloaded the FDecimate files into the AVISynth Plugins directory as well as the StaxRip Applications Directory (although not sure if that was necessary, which I read from a earlier post here).

I know I am supposed to make a filter file... as I understand it, I used
                        FDecimate(rate=23.976,threshold=1)
                        I named this fdecimate.avs and put in the corresponding directories as well.

Clearly I am doing something wrong, or I am not reading it right. Can you please help clarify this for me, in the most simple terms (I am in no way a video guru)? I am not seeing this filter show up in StaxRip, as I am under teh assumption that this filter should be viewable in the GUI somewhere.

Thanks in advance.
                        Rebecca

Comment

• stax
                          • Dec 2005

Now, I am trying to figure out how to use the FDecimate AVISynth filter with StaxRip. I have read numerous articles, and my eyes are about to pop out their sockets
                          How to use AviSynth filters is explained in the StaxRip help
                          StaxRip

Comment

• Rebecca70111
                            • Apr 2006

Ugh! Okay, if only I could remember to use the K.I.S.S. system. I looked everywhere but there. Thanks, I managed to get the filter set up in profiles, now whether I did it right or not could be an entirely different story . Thanks for fielding the newbie's question.

Comment

• rahmath
                              • Apr 2006

software

thanks for software

Comment

• batfink
                                • Apr 2006

Hi Stax, first of all let me say thanks for the great software, I always hated working with Xvid or H264 cause i hated working out the correct Aspect Ratio. Staxrip does it for me.

However got a couple questions about changes in the latest versions..
                                In 0.9.3.2 you made yourself a default project to the settings that suited you (bitrate etc etc),Then you loaded in a premade D2v file, Resized it to the resolution you wanted it to be, hit F4 to check your cropping, hit F5 to check your preview, then hit F6 and added it to the Job list, then loaded in the next D2v file,Resized it, F4, F5, F6, then load the next file...Great if your ripping a lot of things the same like TV shows.

Then in 0.9.9.0 you introduced the feature where before you can load the next D2v file, you have to either load in a template project or load in a default project (an extra mouse click or two), which i'm sure you had good reason to implement.

However then in 0.9.9.1 you've also implemented a new feature whereas you can no longer just load the D2v file, check the setup yourself (F4,F5) and then add it to the job..You've made it so that you have to click all the way to the end of the Wizard before you can add a Job.

Not wanting to knock a great program...but i really hate that feature, I would like to be able to add to the job when i want to, not when the program wants me to...Is there anyway of stopping the program from enforcing this rule..perhaps a setting i've over looked.

Anyway thanks for a teriffic program, i often check the updates to see if you've released a new version

Batfink

Comment

Working...