StaxRip builds (x264, AAC, XviD, DivX, AC3, MP3, AVI, MKV, DIVX container)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stax
    • Dec 2005

0.9.9.2 (2006-05-01)

• The x264 dialog has been reorganized.
    • The x264 switch '--bime' was added as 'B-Frames/Bidirectional ME'.
    • The x264 switch '--no-fast-pskip' was added as 'Analysis/No Fast P Skip'.
    • The x264 switch '--direct' was added as 'B-Frames/Direct Mode'.
    • Updated x264 to revision 516 using sharktooth's build.
    • DivX was updated to version 6.2.2.
    • Opening a audio source file that has a filename containing the language will cause StaxRip to pick up the language from the filename so it's no longer necessary to set the language manually.
    • Opening a source file while another source file is already open will show a dialog to select a template from. Previously just a warn message appeared asking to load a template first.
    • The options dialog has several new options allowing to disable certain assistant instructions. For now the following reminders can be disabled: crop, filters, cut and comp. check.
    • When StaxRip shows a dialog for the very first time it will automatically show the help of the dialog. It's now possible to disable this behavior in the settings.
    • For HDTV the image size is ofter larger then the monitor screen size, in that case StaxRip shows the crop dialog maximized fitting exactly the monintor size.
    • The command 'Perform/Clear Jobs' was added allowing to clear the job list.
    • The command 'Correct/ImageSize' was added. It changes the image size to the cropped image size in case no resize filter is used. This command is always performed after the crop dialog closes.
    • The command 'Correct/Crop Mod' was added. It crops until crop width and height is a multiple of 4 or in case no resize filter is used 16. This command is always performed after the crop dialog closes.
    • The command 'Perform/Add Job' was added allowing to add a job to the job list.
    • The command 'Perform/Run Jobs' was added allowing to start encoding the jobs.
    • The quality percent value that is used in conjunction with the compressibility check defaults now to 60% for XviD and DivX and 50% for x264. StaxRip will offer to reset all video encoder settings.
    • StaxRip no longer uses a default project but allows to specify which template to load at startup.
    • The main window supports now tooltips showed with a right-click or by using the 'What's this?' menu item (command: 'Help/What's This?'). StaxRip will offer to reset the main menu to make this menu item show up.
    • The automatic correction of crop values uses now two sides.
    • The crop dialog shows now mod values and labels in the status bar.
    • The menu editor uses now a menu instead of a drop down to select a command. The advantage of a menu is a hierarchical presentation and tooltip context help.
    • Added project option 'Advanced/Dangerous/Save Cropping' to disable forcing save mod values for cropping.
    • Updated the guides regarding multipass vs quality mode.
    • The size menu in the main window has new default values allowing to set the size/bitrate based on a quality of 40/50/60/70/80% which can be useful for codecs with multipass better tuned then quality mode. StaxRip will offer to reset this setting.
    • The audio settings for the PlayStation Portable were improved. StaxRip will offer to reset audio related settings.
    • The profile menus support now a tree structure based on slash signs ('/') in the profile name. StaxRip forces to reset audio and video encoder profiles to have new profile names.
    • The open files dialog supports now Drag & Drop to add files.
    • Open the target directory after the encoding was removed because windows explorer might crash for unknown reasons.
    • The dialog for opening source files has various new options for batch processing.
    • The PayPal donation link was broke due to changes from PayPal.
    • The 'More Guides' help document was updated with a italian guide.
    StaxRip

Comment

• stax
      • Dec 2005

@batfink

The issue was discussed in the StaxRip topic at Doom9, a user called warrex had the same issue and I thing I've cleared everything though you need to custimize some stuff because I believe the defaults should behave differently.
      StaxRip

Comment

• morxgrillmeiste
        • May 2006

Feature Request: main window resizable

Hi,
        first: big thanks for the great work. I almost gave up trying x264 but now it works fine for a noob like me.

I have a simple feature request: please make the main window resizable !
        At the size given, I cannot see the full filenames, because of these long directory names windows likes, e.g. C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\All Users\Dokumente\Eigen......

I would also like to see an automated way to import the audio from a DV-Cam capture (.avi) !

Can't wait for the next version ....

Comment

• youthinksoo
          • Oct 2005

Can Stax be used to convert .flv files to .avi or .mpeg. I have tried so many programs and I keep losing the audio.

Comment

• anonymez
            Super Moderator
            • Mar 2004

don't know about staxrip, but can be done with avisynth directshowsource() and gabest's flvsplitter, or MEncoder
            Last edited by anonymez; 26 May 2006, 11:58 AM.
            "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• raymondtrudeau
              Gold Member
              Gold Member
              • Jun 2005

is there a guide that shows you how to convert dvd to divx?

Comment

• admin
                Administrator
                • Nov 2001

Shamless plug:

<a href="http://www.digital-digest.com/articles/staxrip_h264_page1.html" target="_blank" title="H.264 Encoding using StaxRip">H.264 Encoding using StaxRip</a> guide.
                Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• thejakal
                  • Jul 2006

StaxRip not cutting?

I used StaxRip to make some H.264 encodes of my DVDs and its GREAT.
                  However, the "cut" feature in the preview window does not work for me. I set the start and end points, the selection shows up as a green bar, and I press delete, but nothing happens. I even tried doing the operation via the context menus, and still not a single frame is removed.
                  This is troublesome because I am trying to rip from a TV DVD, and it seems that there are 4 VOB files for 6 episodes so I need to cut them. I initially thought I could just encode all the 4 VOBs then edit the encodes with VirtualDub, but it can't recognize the file (H.264, .mp4). Any advice?

Comment

• anonymez
                    Super Moderator
                    • Mar 2004

use YAMB to split mp4

Comment

• Shine ivan
                      • Apr 2006

thanks,it's cool!

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                        Demigod of Digital Video
                        • Nov 2004

here's a question, i'd love to put staxrip on my second pc too, but i run SP1 on it and i will not upgrade for my own reasons, is this possible? my guess is no. i wish i could
                        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
                        Columbo moments...
                        "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
                        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
                        (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• anonymez
                          Super Moderator
                          • Mar 2004

don't see why it wouldn't run on SP1, afaik all it needs is .NET 2.0

what do you do with staxrip?

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                            Demigod of Digital Video
                            • Nov 2004

ripping dvd's only so far, i tried to install today, gave error. it also said needs up to date service packs.
                            "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
                            Columbo moments...
                            "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• anonymez
                              Super Moderator
                              • Mar 2004

it rips dvd's?

edit: just saw your edit. guess not then, stax will know for sure
                              Last edited by anonymez; 10 Jul 2006, 04:52 PM.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                                Demigod of Digital Video
                                • Nov 2004

i meant to say converting. (decrypted projects) i'm new to this software but want to learn, now i can't even get started on this second PC.

i know about .NET 2.0, but have some questions about how that may affect this pc (has diff OS). from what i read SP2 must be installed to make it run, so i quit the install today. it's no biggie as i can still practice on the other machine.
                                Last edited by LT. Columbo; 10 Jul 2006, 05:23 PM.
                                Columbo moments...

Comment

Working...