StaxRip builds (x264, AAC, XviD, DivX, AC3, MP3, AVI, MKV, DIVX container)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Oilerman
    • Aug 2006

How long should it take to convert?

Hello, I`m using staxrip. When converting a full movie of 120 minutes it onlly takes 1 h 45min to convert it. I use the default options settings. I use xvid exact file size, 2 passes, ca 1600 video bitrate.
    Is it supposes to go that fast. What am i doing wrong?

Earlier it used to take 3-4 hours, maybe i pushed a button?? which one?

Comment

• UncasMS
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2001

what's wrong with a fast encoding?

do your results look poor?

Comment

• baddigdig
        • Aug 2006

I have a problem when i download from the net in divx format and try to convert to dvd using nero 7 the picture on the video rolls on the player but not on the computer. Is it my player? it is a sanyo! the first several movies didnt but now all do. I hope I put this in the right place I'm a newbie

Comment

• mojo8850
          • Aug 2005

Is There Going To Be An Option Where We Can Add More Audio & Video Codecs To STAXRIP, Brilliant Application.. So What We Say Guy's New Facility For Video And Audio Codecs

Comment

• mojo8850
            • Aug 2005

Another Thing I Forgot To Ask Was There Is A Guide HERE

But That Represents ANAMORPHIC Movies Widescreen What Setting Would Be For Full Screen Movie 4:3. Help.. ASAP

Comment

• sweetie_lolz3
              • Nov 2006

Converting "Windows Media Center Recorded TV Shows" to any smaller format

Hey, I tried reading through all the posts (are there ever a Lot of them) and didn't see anything directly pertaining to Windows Media Center Recorded Tv Shows. I see a lot to do with Tv cards...

Anyway, I want to convert Microsoft Recorded TV Show(DVR-MS file). but when I try to use StaxRIP it gives me the error "Most sources are YV12 and thus a YV12 decoder is required. The decoder defined in the settings "xvidvfw.dll" could not be located. Please install the defined decoder."

Where do I find this decoder if it exists and if not does any one know how to convert these things their taking up 3.15 GB per 1Hr Show!

Any help would be Greatly appreciated but mind you I'm a complete Noob to this so if you could spell it out for me

Thanks!

Comment

• anonymez
                Super Moderator
                • Mar 2004

welcome to the forum

download & install xvid
                "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• BR7
                  He is coming to your little town!
                  • Aug 2005

I just started using this and I keep getting this pop up shown below.I can't seem to find the build avisynth thing it wants me to do.Could some one please point me in the right direction.
                  Thanks
                  EDIT
                  NM
                  I found mediacoder and it works
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by BR7; 26 Nov 2006, 02:37 PM.

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• free90free
                    • Nov 2006

I'm just trying to convert a mkv to avi, hopefully keeping the audio in sync. Usually I use somthing else, but I've got some stuff that uses h.264. But the problem is when i open the file, It keeps saying the lame library in Besweet is to old, yet I've got the newest lame_enc installed already?

Comment

• ScubaJoe13
                      • Feb 2007

I am having an odd problem I am hoping to get some help with. I have used StaxRip successfully for my own videos, and I am now in the process of helping someone else learn to use the program. He is using a Media Center PC that captures in the wonderful dvr-ms format. We use the DVRTOMPEGGUI Tool in the DVR Toolbox to convert it to a .mpg file. So far so good.

When I open that file (the .mpg) in G-Spot it shows as having a frame/sec of 29.97. The problem starts when I load it into StaxRip as the source file. After processing it, the source is translated into a .d2v file and the framerate is now 23.976. I have looked in alot of places and tried to change multiple initial settings, all without the ability to keep it at the 29.97 framerate.

Anyone have any ideas what I am doing wrong/can fix (besides getting him to ditch the Media Center software)? All help appreciated. Hopefully therre is a fix and not a work-around (like editing the .d2v file after the fact).

Comment

• anonymez
                        Super Moderator
                        • Mar 2004

welcome to the forum

The problem starts when I load it into StaxRip as the source file. After processing it, the source is translated into a .d2v file and the framerate is now 23.976
                        it's automatically performing IVTC, which is what it should be doing

Comment

• ScubaJoe13
                          • Feb 2007

First, tyvm for your welcome.

Originally Posted by anonymez
                          it's automatically performing IVTC, which is what it should be doing
                          While I know the basics, I wont profess to knowing all the details. I looked up IVTC and studied what it is, and let me try to give what I think is the longhand translation of your explanation. Please tell me if I am right.

The .dvr-ms format, which is untouchable by any program except DVRMSTOMPEGGUI, is actually recording at the rate of (unknown) fps. Whatever that fps is, when DVRMSTOMPEG converts to the .mpg format it is telecining the original file. So while the .mpg file may show as 29.97 fps in G-Spot, it is a telecined 29.97. So, when I load that .mpg into StaxRip, it recognizes it and does an IVTC to return the file to it's native (?) 23.97 fps.

Is that basically right? Am I losing any quality in all this translation?

TY for your assistance.

Comment

• anonymez
                            Super Moderator
                            • Mar 2004

The .dvr-ms format, which is untouchable by any program except DVRMSTOMPEGGUI, is actually recording at the rate of (unknown) fps
                            there are several tools that accept dvr-ms input, eg VideoRedo, DVR Ripper, DVRMS Toolbox-- still not as many as mpeg ps or ts.

Whatever that fps is, when DVRMSTOMPEG converts to the .mpg format it is telecining the original file
                            no, all it is doing is extracting the streams and muxing to mpeg ps, which has greater software support. no quality is lost, the video/audio is not altered.

So while the .mpg file may show as 29.97 fps in G-Spot, it is a telecined 29.97. So, when I load that .mpg into StaxRip, it recognizes it and does an IVTC to return the file to it's native (?) 23.97 fps.
                            correct

Am I losing any quality in all this translation?
                            re-encoding will always degrade quality, just how much depends on codec, bitrate, resolution and other factors.

Comment

• anonymez
                              Super Moderator
                              • Mar 2004

Now "Stax" the author "Claims" that there is no Spyware in this program
                              And he is correct.

since I have limited access to this computer ... No Admin Rights
                              You're not very clear on what actually happens, but it's very likely this is the cause. Do not attempt to install software under a limited account, it's as simple as that.

Comment

• gonwk
                                Lord of Digital Video
                                Lord of Digital Video
                                • Dec 2005

Hi Anonymez,

Thanks for the reply ... as usual very helpful.

But I am curious ... I am not a "Code" writer ... but wouldn't a program be more powerful that it can be installed even under a "Power User" authority level or even "Plain User" ... Why some programs DEMAND that you be in "Administrative Rights" to be installed!?!?!?

Thanks,
                                G!

Comment

Working...