X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mac53
    Banned
    • Feb 2006

DVD2AVI Issue

I didn't see a particular thread for AVI so I'm going to run it here and if I'm off thread, I appologize!

Using DVD Shrink, I edited a clip out of a movie, it about 385 mbs in size, runs approximately ten minutes, or something like that! In the folder where this clip is, the full dvd structure is present, the ifos, the bups and vobs. I want to convert this over to an AVI file and I started out using DVD2AVI. No matter what settings I use, I wind up with only the d2v file and no audio. I have tried just about every "audio" setting offered, but still no audio file. Frustrated I tried, "DGIndex" to set up the dummy files for "VirtualDub" and along with the d2v file I got an ac3 file for the audio. [Great!!!] Finally!!! Now here's the kicker!!! I cann't load the damn ac3 file in VirtualDub! I installed "AVISynth" like instructed, but I don't know how to load it in. So right now, I'm at the point to where I produced the two necessay files for VirtualDub, loading the dummy avi file is not the problem, but getting that ac3 file in there is... Can anyone help me out with this?

Thank you...
    Last edited by mac53; 24 Aug 2006, 09:51 AM.
  • benbryant
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Aug 2005

Do you have AviSynth's AC3Source which allows you to use AviSynth to frameserve AC3 file in your AviSynth's plugin folder? Please download and do so. For the AviSynth script, for example, just add this (Change your real file name accordingly):

AC3Source("MyFile AC3 T01 3_2ch 384Kbps DELAY -371ms.ac3")

Regards

Comment

• mac53
      Banned
      • Feb 2006

I have [AC3ACM v1.31]... Is this what your are referring to?

I'm going to try to follow your instructions the best I can. I probably will be back with a couple more questions.

Thanks benbryant..... 8)

ben... I looked for the system pack you had referred to containing the [AC3Source.dll]. I can't find a link to it anywhere...
      Last edited by mac53; 24 Aug 2006, 12:00 PM.

Comment

• benbryant
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Aug 2005

No, AC3Source is a plugin for AviSynth. Just download from the link below and unzip it to the AviSynth plugin folder and you're ready to go

ac3source_25_dll_20030126.zip

Regards

Comment

• mac53
          Banned
          • Feb 2006

Ok...

I hate to sound stupid here, I am quite new at this, but can I load AVISynth through VirtualDub? This is the point where I'm stumped.

Tons of thanks
          Last edited by mac53; 24 Aug 2006, 02:41 PM.

Comment

• benbryant
            Digital Video Master
            Digital Video Master
            • Aug 2005

Please don't think like that. AviSynth is hard to learn but you spend time to learn you will be able to get the grip and accelerate from there. To answer your question: Yes, you can. That is one of the reason that AviSynth is so powerful. Just start and then drag and drop AviSynth script file (.avs) over the tool and it will open the file for you. Sometimes you crreate the script with wrong information or syntax, it will let you know. In case you have any problem with the script, please post it clearly here. Just don't get frustrated. We will look at it and provide assistance if we can and that is OHANA about

Regards
            Last edited by benbryant; 24 Aug 2006, 02:59 PM.

Comment

• celtic_druid
              Digital Video Expert
              Digital Video Expert
              • Dec 2005

You might want to check out NicAudio instead of AC3Source. Why exactly do you want to load the audio into VDub though? I would suggest processing the audio seperatly via say BeSweet, then mux with your video when you are done encoding.

Comment

• ed klein
                Banned
                • Mar 2004

Mac,

This is the route I use when I want to create a d2v video file and an AC-3 audio file to be loaded into some other software program other than TMPGEnc Plus.

DVD2AVI is outdated and replaced by DGMPGD 1.4.8 which includes the DGIndex file 1.4.8

Setting audio options in DGIndex 1.4.8

AUDIO
                select track number 1
                (track number 1 is almost always the AC-3 audio track, you can tell when the output of DGIndex is running if it is the AC-3 audio track)

output method
                demux track
                (this will demux the track number you selected, in this case track 1)

Comment

• mac53
                  Banned
                  • Feb 2006

Originally Posted by ed klein
                  DVD2AVI is outdated and replaced by DGMPGD 1.4.8 which includes the DGIndex file 1.4.8
                  That's what I am using...

I've found two that may pertain to this issue and I need for you guys to check them out for me to see if I did right.

I also found this for my TMPGEnc Plus; http://www.avisynth.org/warpenterpri...es/readavs.zip

I definately need opinions!

I seriously appreciate the help I'm getting from you guys....
                  Last edited by mac53; 25 Aug 2006, 02:04 AM.

Comment

• mac53
                    Banned
                    • Feb 2006

Originally Posted by ed klein

AUDIO

select track number 1
                    (track number 1 is almost always the AC-3 audio track, you can tell when the output of DGIndex is running if it is the AC-3 audio track)

output method
                    demux track
                    (this will demux the track number you selected, in this case track 1)
                    Ed...

I did this, just as you indicated here and I received an ac-3 file for it but this isn't the issue! This issue is I don't know how to load it into AVISynth for the use in VirtualDub!

Comment

• mac53
                      Banned
                      • Feb 2006

Originally Posted by celtic_druid
                      You might want to check out NicAudio instead of AC3Source. Why exactly do you want to load the audio into VDub though? I would suggest processing the audio seperatly via say BeSweet, then mux with your video when you are done encoding.
                      I'm beginning to learn that this may be the only method it can be done! You know... You would figure, that with all the technology today, one wouldn't have to go through all this just to perform one small task!

mac

Comment

• mac53
                        Banned
                        • Feb 2006

Ok guys...

Here's where I"m lost... I opened up the "quickstart" guide in DGIndex and I'm fine with everything until I get to the audio section.
                        ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++

DGMPGDec Quick Start Guide

Sure, Sure, But What About My Audio
                        DGIndex saved your audio in a file(s). It will have a ".wav", ".ac3", or ".mpa" extension. If you have a ".wav" file, you can load that directly in VirtualDub. But you can also use Avisynth, which gives you access to powerful audio filtering.
                        Suppose we have a ".wav" file. Our Avisynth script will be like this:

LoadPlugin("...\DGDecode.dll")
                        video=MPEG2Source("myvob.d2v")
                        audio=WAVSource("myvob.wav")
                        AudioDub(video,audio)

Now when you open this script in VirtualDub, you will have video and audio.

We saw processing for a ".wav" audio file above. You need the corresponding source filter for the type of audio you have. Use WAVSource() for ".wav", MPASource() for ".mpa", AC3Source() for ".ac3", etc. WAVSource() is built into Avisynth. The others can be found here: Avisynth Filter Collection.

Don't forget to use LoadPlugin() to load your audio source filter. And read the Avisynth documentation to learn about how to adjust the audio/video synchronization using DelayAudio(), and other useful things.
                        ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++

For me this is quite vague... unfortunately, I don't know how to read chop-code! When I read this, it's like a "Riddle"! It's the part where he speaks about the ac3 files. Explaination for wav is clear, but not for the ac3 file, this is the one I keep winding up with!!! No matter what settings I use for audio output. VirtualDub doesn't recognize the audio file other than .wav

Comment

• anonymez
                          Super Moderator
                          • Mar 2004

your script should look like this:

Code:
                          video=mpeg2source("C:\path\to\project.d2v")
                          audio=nicac3source("C:\path\to\audio.ac3")
                          audiodub(video,audio)
                          adjust paths and file names to match what you have. ensure you have dgdecode.dll and nicaudio.dll in your avisynth plugins folder.

however as celtic said, audio transcoding in vdub is weak, really no reason to transcode with it other than convenience; better to use something like behappy or belight and mux
                          "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• mac53
                            Banned
                            • Feb 2006

anonymez...

I'm not sure how to write the script....

Does it go onto a txt doc? Like I said, I'm not that savy... but I am trying
                            hard and want to learn...

Comment

• benbryant
                              Digital Video Master
                              Digital Video Master
                              • Aug 2005

If you want to use Nicaudio.dll which in fact better than AC3Source.dll, you can download it from here:

Just unzip it to the AviSynth's plugin folder. For creating .avs file with DGIndex, open the notepad and type something like these:

LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\DGMPGDec 1.4.8\DGDecode.dll")
                              video=MPEG2Source("D:\Test.d2v")
                              audio=NicAC3Source("D:\myfile.ac3")
                              audiodub(video,audio)

When you save the file, just create a name with .avs extension, for example: myfile.avs (not just my file). I usually save my DGIndex.dll in both AviSynth's plugin folder and system32 folder so that I don't have to type, for example,
                              LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\DGMPGDec 1.4.8\DGDecode.dll") in the script

Just make sure that you type the paths to the file locations correctly

Regards
                              Last edited by benbryant; 25 Aug 2006, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Working...