• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mac53
    Banned
    • Feb 2006

Ben... This is what I got when I followed your instructions;

Avisynth open failure:
    m2AudioAC3Source: "C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\NicAudio.dll" is not a valid AC-3 file
    (C:Folder Name\VIDEO_TS\myvob.avs, line 3)
    Last edited by mac53; 26 Aug 2006, 01:24 AM.

Comment

• benbryant
      Digital Video Master
      Digital Video Master
      • Aug 2005

Avisynth open failure:
      m2AudioAC3Source: "C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\NicAudio.dll" is not a valid AC-3 file
      (C:Folder Name\VIDEO_TS\myvob.avs, line 3)
      Please tell me where you saved your video and audio files and what their names are. The easiest way is to create a folder in the C: drive and name it something like "Test", put your video and audio files in it. About the script, AviSynth instantly rejects with an error when you misspell or don't type the path correctly, even a single letter. It's correct to see you place the NicAudio.dll in the AviSynth's plugin folder, and the line for audio should be something like:

audio=NicAC3Source("C:\Test\nameofyourAC3.ac3")

Regards
      Last edited by benbryant; 26 Aug 2006, 01:59 AM.

Comment

• mac53
        Banned
        • Feb 2006

I don't want to publicize the name of the movie folder so I replaced it with [MOVIE_FOLDER].
        ================================================== ========

LoadPlugin("C:\dgmpgdec148\DGDecode.dll")
        video=MPEG2Source("C:\MOVIE_FOLDER\VIDEO_TS\myvob. d2v")
        audio=NicAC3Source("C:\MOVIE_FOLDER\VIDEO_TS\myvob T01 2_0ch 192Kbps DELAY 0ms.ac3")
        audiodub(video,audio)
        ================================================== ========

I downloaded the NicAudio.dll like you said, but I just don't know how to load that da_n thing!!! frustrated!!! It's going to take more than that to beat me!!!

See Ben, the thing is; I have either the AC3Source.dll and the NicAudio.dll.... no NicAC3Source!!! This is the part that has me baffled!
        Last edited by mac53; 26 Aug 2006, 03:48 AM.

Comment

• anonymez
          Super Moderator
          • Mar 2004

place nicaudio.dll into your avisynth plugins folder (should be c:\program files\avisynth 2.5\plugins), the script should work
          "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• benbryant
            Digital Video Master
            Digital Video Master
            • Aug 2005

See Ben, the thing is; I have either the AC3Source.dll and the NicAudio.dll.... no NicAC3Source!!! This is the part that has me baffled!
            Please don't get frustrated. After you place the NicAudio.dll in the AviSynth's plugin folder, you type the syntax: NicAC3Source to use NicAudio.dll to do the job for you. NicAC3Source isn't a file and you can't see or download it. Just one important thing to remember, when you use DGIndex to frameserve your DVD, never move or alter the name or location of your original file in the hard drive, otherwise AviSynth or VirtualDub can't read it.

Regards

Comment

• mac53
              Banned
              • Feb 2006

Gotcha buddy....!

Thanks

Comment

• mac53
                Banned
                • Feb 2006

Ok, Ladies/Gentlemen, I think it's time for me to get technical, but before I do, I need to make one thing clear before I continue with this post! [The media source I am about to discuss... the DVDs, "I OWN"!]
                ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++

I have a series of 4 [four] Dvds that are classics. The original film production dates are back in the eighties.
                Each one of these discs carries only one feature ranging from 60 to 75 minutes long. The qualities of these are not bad, but definitely can be better. I'm interested in taking these 4 features, [movie only] and processing them with certain video filters and enhanced audio reproduction, then fitting two of them on one disc, for my personal archiving. Technically, making them some really nice features. Below, I am posting the titles of all the software that I have:
                --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BeSweetv1.4; dgmpgdec148; dvd2avi; hjsplit;
                hjsplitpro; VFAPI; VirtualDub-1.6.16; VirtualDubMod;
                AC3Filter; Avi2Dvd; AVIcodec; AviSynth 2.5;
                DVD Decrypter; DVD Shrink; DivX; ffdshow;
                DVtool; TMPGEnc Plus 2.5; XMPEG 4.2a;
                --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All of these are not installed on my computer at this time, but are at my disposal.

What I need assistance with is how to take pre-DVD production movies that were transferred to DVD without any quality being added and add the quality myself with the above software and their plug-ins/filters, so they will play like post-DVD movies.
                -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have some plug-in and filters already present in some of my software. Below is a list of these and their pertaining software:

[AviSynth 2.5]

ac3source.dll, Decomb.dll, dgbob.dll, DGDecode.dll, DirectShowSource.dll,
                Dup.dll, FDecimate.dll, kerneldeint.dll, MPEG2Dec3.dll, MSharpen.dll,
                Msmooth.dll, MultiDecimate.dll, NicAudio.dll, TCPDeliver.dll,

[VirtualDub]

bob11b2, boxblur15, bright10, colorize11b1, decimate12,
                deflick13b1, histo11, hotspot10, hue12, logo17b2,
                msharpen121-vdub, pan, pseudocolor10, resize11,
                reverse10, rgb10, smart28b1, smooth11, telecide130,
                unsharp14, winhisto10, xsharpen10b2, zoom12,

[VD_AVISync Utilities]

bmpdeint13, dbgv, dgpulldown108b3, dnr, jpgdeint,
                quantdump11, warpsharp,
                ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I post these to give you an idea what's already in my arsenal. That way if there's something I need, then you can let me know right away.

Folks... here's an eager student needing your expertise and am asking for your help! To summarize, I want to totally rework these classic features to where they appear as close to the DVD quality we see today.

I'd like to take this time to seriously thank you for any assistance you may provide in my quest.

mac53

If any special configurations needs to be applied to TMPGEnc then I already had a thread that has been started in the appropriate section of this forum! I will make the necessary connections to this and my other thread if needed!

If I posted this in the wrong thread, please tell me... Thank you!
                Last edited by mac53; 27 Aug 2006, 07:49 AM.

Comment

• anonymez
                  Super Moderator
                  • Mar 2004

avisynth is clearly the tool for the job, but understand it can be a tedious, time consuming task.

suggest you start experimenting with denoising, deblocking, sharpening, etc functions/filters like limitedsharpen, seesaw, degrainmedian, fft3d, deen etc.

Comment

• mac53
                    Banned
                    • Feb 2006

Originally Posted by anonymez
                    avisynth is clearly the tool for the job, but understand it can be a tedious, time consuming task.

suggest you start experimenting with denoising, deblocking, sharpening, etc functions/filters like limitedsharpen, seesaw, degrainmedian, fft3d, deen etc.
                    Yeah, that's obvious... but how do you use avisynth??? It doesn't an execution with it... so tell me how I can use it... and to be quite frank, you were somewhat vague in your answer, I was kind of expecting a little bit more help that this... and you're a moderator?????????

Comment

• anonymez
                      Super Moderator
                      • Mar 2004

but how do you use avisynth???
                      avisynth processes the video and serves to an encoder which outputs the file. plenty of documentation included with installation and at http://www.avisynth.org; write a script and load into virtuladub to see the effects, tweak till you like the results. personally i would use dvd rebuilder for the actual encoding, it makes things much easier.

and to be quite frank, you were somewhat vague in your answer, I was kind of expecting a little bit more help that this... and you're a moderator?????????
                      i've misplaced my silver platter

just how detailed did you expect any reply to be? avisynth and most filters are well documented. all questions you've asked thusfar have been answered well and with patience. you haven't provided screenshots or descriptions of artefacts, i can't/won't give advice on scripts based on
                      The qualities of these are not bad, but definitely can be better
                      rudeness will get you nowhere.
                      Last edited by anonymez; 27 Aug 2006, 01:35 PM.

Comment

• mac53
                        Banned
                        • Feb 2006

So, are you saying use dvd rebuilder after using virtualdub? Am I reading you right? And how do I write a script involving the special filters?

Comment

• blutach
                          Not a god of digital video
                          • Oct 2004

@mac53 - I am much less accommodating than anonymez.

Mind your mannners or take a vacation from here. No-ones owes you an answer.

Warning issued.

Regards
                          Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
                          [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

• mac53
                            Banned
                            • Feb 2006

Then tell me... What are you here for, then? If not to help people!!! I broke NO forum rules!!!

Last edited by mac53; 29 Aug 2006, 01:08 AM.

Comment

• blutach
                              Not a god of digital video
                              • Oct 2004

Originally Posted by Rule 2
                              Please be polite when posting your messages
                              One rule you might look at is not flaming and respecting your fellow members.

It seems a warning is insufficient for combative types like you.

Infraction given.

Closed.

Regards
                              Last edited by blutach; 29 Aug 2006, 04:58 AM.
                              Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
                              [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

Working...