Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mba03jw
    • Aug 2006

Can i fix this .avi Xvid file ?

When i play my file with WMP the picture skips forward slightly every second and the sound also has a constant slight stuttering. When i open the file in VirtualDubMod it says: 'VirtualDub has detected an improper VBR audio encoding in the source .avi file (audio stream 1). The current preference is to rewrite the audio header with standard CBR values during processing for better compatability. This may introduce up to 58804 ms of skew from the video stream. If this is unacceptable, decompress the*entire* audio stream to uncompressed WAV file and recompress with a constant bitrate encoder. (bitrate: 116.8 _+ 14.5 kbps)'.
    Could anyone tell me how to decompress the audio to WAV and recompress with a constant bitrate encoder? Thanks
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

this is how to make a wav file with virtualdub (not virtualdubmod)

Load the file. Go to "video">Direct stream copy. Under "audio">full processing mode, Click "audio" again. click Conversion check 48,000Hz and check "high quality" and ok. Go to "audio" >compression, select "no compression" (PCM) and ok. Finally go to FILE> save WAV.

don't think will help you though unless you are converting to something else. as far as playback, get media player classic or VLC player and see how it plays. VLC should verify if the file itself is ok as it uses it's own decoders. do you have xvid on your system? array of codec packs?
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

Working...