• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • khp
    The Other
    • Nov 2001

Originally posted by Glanz
    i hope this is the right one
    Yes that's the correct numbers, the from what I can see the encoding went resonably well for the first 10 minutes of video, anything after that is obviously messed up very badly

This guide details how use virtualdub, to manually setup the encoding. after useing GK to create the avs file

It was origianlly for using divx5.0 with GKnot0.23, but will also work just fine with divx5.02 and GKnot0.26
    Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
    http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• Glanz
      • Aug 2002

i think i might have had teh set credits start in the wrong area that could be why its only ten minuites

Comment

• Glanz
        • Aug 2002

how would i do a quality based encoding in gordian knot what wouldi click on to do that

Comment

• Glanz
          • Aug 2002

but here is my log file if u can make some sense of it

Comment

• Glanz
            • Aug 2002

it wont fricking post man

Comment

• Glanz
              • Aug 2002

Yes that's the correct numbers, the from what I can see the encoding went resonably well for the first 10 minutes of video, anything after that is obviously messed up very badly

This guide details how use virtualdub, to manually setup the encoding. after useing GK to create the avs file

It was origianlly for using divx5.0 with GKnot0.23, but will also work just fine with divx5.02 and GKnot0.26

so then im guessing that this is what u meant by a quality based encoding or is that something different

Comment

• khp
                The Other
                • Nov 2001

Sorry for taking so long, I'am at work, and can't spend all my time browsing these forums.

it wont fricking post man
                posting a .log file as an attachmet might not work, you have to rename it to .txt or zip it.

how would i do a quality based encoding in gordian knot what wouldi click on to do that
                You can't, you have to do that manually in virtualdub. using the avs file that gknot created.

i think i might have had teh set credits start in the wrong area that could be why its only ten minuites
                OK, that would explain a lot.

Comment

• khp
                  The Other
                  • Nov 2001

so then im guessing that this is what u meant by a quality based encoding or is that something different
                  I was suggesting dooing the entire two pass encoding manually in virtualdub, quality based encoding is a one pass encoding method, which is not really usefull for anything but short clips and testing.
                  Last edited by khp; 13 Aug 2002, 04:41 AM.

Comment

• Glanz
                    • Aug 2002

ok i will give that a try thank u let me ask one more thing

ok when i tried to rip gladiator the first time i set the credits start at the end and the credits where the quality that i wanted but the movie was considerably worse around 450 kbps have u ever heard of this? so i tried to set the credits start at the beginning this will probably not work right? so you think my best try is to do it manually in virtual dub?

Comment

• khp
                      The Other
                      • Nov 2001

ok when i tried to rip gladiator the first time i set the credits start at the end and the credits where the quality that i wanted but the movie was considerably worse around 450 kbps have u ever heard of this?
                      No, sorry that does not make much sense to me.

so i tried to set the credits start at the beginning this will probably not work right?
                      No, it won't work. GKnot actually uses quality based encoding on the endcredits, but at a very low quality level to save space.

so you think my best try is to do it manually in virtual dub?
                      No, not really. That was just to check if the problem was somehow caused by GKnot.

Comment

• Glanz
                        • Aug 2002

oh well

lifes a bitch

divx is pissing me off

Comment

• Glanz
                          • Aug 2002

do u know of another program that i can try that does the same thing as gordian knot

Comment

• Glanz
                            • Aug 2002

this program gknot is making no sense to me my credits are the quality that my movie should be

Comment

• khp
                              The Other
                              • Nov 2001

this program gknot is making no sense to me my credits are the quality that my movie should be
                              I think the problem is that, you persive quality differently than the codec. To the codec, quality is pretty much about keeping each pixel as close to the original color as possible. For the average human, quality is about avoiding too much blurring and macroblocks.

Unless you changed the endcredits quantizer, I assure you that the end credits are encoded at a lower qualitylevel than the movie it self. But even at the lowest possible quality level the endcredits will just about be readable, while the movie will look like some 'abstract arts' painting, at the same setting.

I don't think you will see any benefit from using other tools.

Comment

• Glanz
                                • Aug 2002

only video sections

something is goin wrong again i rip a movie and its good quality but is is only 7 minuites long the whole movie is 2hrs long it just plays like one , one second clip then another shot like10 seconds in front of that this is wierd its almost like someones pushing the fast forward button that skips over some things have u ever heard of this happening

Comment

Working...