X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brodie4416
    • Aug 2006

Burn .avi videos to DVD

I was forwarded from this thread:

I have 23 .avi files at 350MB each. I would like to burn a dvd (with very simple menu, only episode selection).

I would also like to try and fit around 6 of these files on a dvd...

The .avi files are HD quality (I believe).

What program would you recommend to burn? My current solution is windows dvd maker but that can only fit 3 of the files per disc.
    Is there a compression/conversion I could do to fit more files on a disc without losing (much) quality?

Thanks,
    Brodie4416
  • kissbye
    • Jan 2010

The dvd creator i am using to burn dvd is leawo, you can try it or Nero.

Comment

• Art Vandelay
      Digital Video Technician
      Digital Video Technician
      • Feb 2006

I have used a pgm in the past called divx to DVD I believe. The version I used was free with no limitations but didn't make menus and is still out there on the net, have a look at www.videohelp.com . The comapny is in France I believe and they have updated the pgm but it has limitations and is a pgm to buy to get the features, it does make menus. I used the free version like I said and it worked quite well and was fast. It will author the DVD files, .VOB VIDEO_TS.IFO ect.... I have made episode DVD and used PgcEdit to make the menu. I have taken the DVD folder from DIVXtoDVD and made episode DVD's 3, 4, 5, 6 and used a older transcode to reauthor the final DVD folder with no compression then used DVD-RB and HCenc 24 to compress the folder to a DVD5 for burning. Search some of my past posting since the author of PgCedit walked me through the process of menus after the final folder is made with all the episodes before or after DVD-RB.

Now I would use Procoder 3 for the process which is comercial quality software and gives incredible results but no menus.

Comment

• MilesAhead
        Eclectician
        • Nov 2006

It would be helpful if you posted the MediaInfo shots of the files so we can see the particulars instead of guessing.

MediaInfo is a convenient unified display of the most relevant technical and tag data for video and audio files.

Comment

• freevideotutor
          • Apr 2007

The best program I've used to burn avi files to DVD is ConvertXtoDVD.

One attractive feature about this program is you can control the encoding time by choosing various quality settings. For instance, if it's just a talking head video where the information is more important than the video quality, you could set the encoding quality to low or medium and the encoding time will be reduced.

I've burned dozens of DVDs with this program and none returned a burn error. Some Divx files I burned with ConvertXtoDVD ended up looking as good as that of the original DVD.

Digital Video Articles, Tutorials and Reviews

Comment

Working...