X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jc84
    • Jun 2011

Help with YAMB for Windows

Hi everyone, i hope someone can help.

I'm trying to convert my MKV files to M4V/MP4 for use with Apple TV (2nd Gen) without having to re encode the video, i was previously using handbrake but it seems pointless (as the video track is essentially the same) and takes a long time, not to mention quality loss.
    I've tried using YAMB but I can't seem to get both the AAC and AC3 tracks to work, they both mux fine into the file but only the AAC seems to play, when the AC3 track is selected no sound appears at all. The yamb website is no help at all and there doesn't seem to be a dedicated forum.

Is it possible to create a file with yamb that plays on Apple TV and has both audio tracks (like handbrake)? It's just a shame that handbrake encodes the video when theres absolutely no need.

Thanks in advance.
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

Assuming you're using the latest beta version of YAMB (2.1.0.0 Beta 2 - http://www.divx-digest.com/software/yamb.html), which does mention Apple TV compatibility, the Handbrake docs seems to suggest you need to change the .mp4 extension to .m4v, for AC3 to work in Apple TV, but I don't really have much experience with Apple TV to be honest.
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• jc84
      • Jun 2011

yeah i've been using the latest version 2.1 beta, I've changed the extention to m4v each time. It's just the audio i'm having issues with, I've even extracted the audio from a rip i did with handbrake that definately works with apple tv and muxed it with the original video, but still no joy, the video plays perfectly and the AAC plays fine but no AC3, the 2 tracks just won't go together. The only way to get AC3 is to drop the AAC from the file, but I need both tracks. Drives me crazy having to re encode with handbrake, yamb would be so much easier.

I'm thinking it must be the way yamb muxes it together maybe.
      Last edited by jc84; 28 Jun 2011, 03:20 AM.

Comment

• jc84
        • Jun 2011

ok i've reinstalled yamb 2.1 beta and it seems to have fixed the problem, however, I now have both the AAC and AC3 tracks on the file but the AC3 track is silent at first on the apple tv, I have to actually manually change to AAC and back to AC3 again to get any sound, any ideas anyone?
        Last edited by jc84; 28 Jun 2011, 04:43 AM.

Comment

Working...