X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lwetutb
    • Aug 2011

MP4 file formats - IP CCTV

hello there,

i have a video playback problem that points to differences in MP4 file format. i have two IP cameras from Vivotek, 1's recorded file(a_kany) as attached and plays back across all platforms i.e Symbian, blackberry, android smart phones. the other file cannot play across all the mentioned platforms. iam in a fix as it seems vivotek support doesnot seem to understand my predicament especially considering am a small customer. i need someone out there to get me a solution beyond looking at frame rates & resolutions and the like. where exactly is the difference in format?
    Rgds
    Brian
    Attached Files
  • yurivict
    • Aug 2011

You didn't mention which particular camera models shot these two videos, Vivotek makes many models.

Regarding your question, I don't know the exact answer. They both play on my system with mplayer.

ffprobe utility though notices few differences. On CR35.mp4 stream it says:
    [mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2 @ 0x805822020] stream 1, missing mandatory atoms, broken header
    Also CR35.mp4 has substream of type stts in addition to video, and aaKany_55.mp4 only has one video and one audio substreams.

My guess is that either stts substream or broken header confuses mobile devices for CR35.mp4 for you.

Please tell us what camera models you are talking about.

Comment

Working...