Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Modify_inc
    • Nov 2001

WMV Converter 0.33b / How to batch?

I am in the process of converting my wmv-hd wmv/wma pro movies to mkv VC1/AC3. I have finally found the perfect wmv convertor, WMV Converter 0.33b. I have tried many, but they were limited, and at the very least, wouldn't keep 5.1 surround or had very bad quality and took way to long.

This little tool the video stream is copied, left in tact, the audio stream is converted to AC3 640. Conversion is in one step, as fast as copying a WMV file. Perfect, only complaint, only does one movie at a time.

I am trying to figure out if there is a way to batch the workflow for multiple movies. I cannot find the creator, and the webpage link is dead and gone. I was lucky enough to find the converter tool on usenet.

What I do know is the tool is written in Delphi, no source code distribution.
    The developer made an updated version with commandline support, but I'm not sure if the version I have has it. If it does I have no idea how to make use of it.

I would be glad to post the file, but don't want to break any rules. I can't remember if posting links are allowed here or not.
  • MilesAhead
    Eclectician
    • Nov 2006

You could try TEncoder

The program is a project on Sourceforge.net. You could request additional features by contacting the author there. It's set up for batch usage. It also has an editor to create your own profiles. The shortcoming is audio. It limits choices to 320 KB bit rate and 2 channel max for AC3. It does have a switch to output to batch. This creates a .bat file with a command line for each entry. You could look up the encoder params and change the audio bit rate and channels, then run it.

For converting to another container keeping the video and only encoding the audio, set the Video drop down to Copy.

edit: when selecting Copy for video it does seem to have the quirk that it starts the job even if you select Export to Script. But it does create the .bat file. Just stop the job and edit the .bat. If you are using FFMpeg to convert then if I read the docs correctly, removing the -ac 2 setting should result in the same output channels as the input. You'll have to try it and see if my theory works. Also changing -ab 320K to 640K should fix the bit rate. I'm not familiar with Mencoder. Can't help with that encoder.
    Last edited by MilesAhead; 18 Oct 2011, 05:01 AM.

Comment

Working...