I Need Help

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WildmanJoe
    • Jan 2003

Ok, here's the deal... the latest version has some bug in it which causes the 'beep' sound when you try to close the player.

For the audio, go to Options\DS Graph\Audio (tab)

Things to check out...
    1. Comics creator
    2. Open Files (you can use this to open a FOLDER, meaning you play everything in the folder with individual files like different tracks)
    3. DS Graph to configure playback using FFDShow (for example)
    4. When file is playing.. Players\Generate Menu --> Creates a DVD-like Menu.
    5. When choosing file, note the Preview window that allows you to preview the movie before opening it. This may cause some delay when left-clicking on a movie to choose it.

BTW, you have to enable expert modes to use all the features.

Comment

• Enchanter
      Old member
      • Feb 2002

I whole-heartedly agree that this is one hell of a feature-packed player.

As for your other thread, don't consider it 'shot down'. One person's opinion does not reflect the opinions of the rest of the board members, as clearly seen by my own response.

Comment

• WildmanJoe
        • Jan 2003

Wow that was quick...
        Btw, thanks Enchanter for trying out this player and giving it your honest opinion... I wished that more people could ernestly try out this player...

I'd give a million dollars if I could write a software like this...

Comment

• coolie86
          • Aug 2003

thx to ya all

thx, really thx to all of you, i've downloaded mv2player, and some other, GDiVX1.9.9.5. i've also got the newest divx, 5.0.5! and they all won't work! in GDiVX sinch is some better than in those two, but it isn't sinchronized totally! i don't know what else to do... i just want to watch DiVX normally, but, guess that cannot be on my machine! has anybody got any other idea, pleassseee?!? THANX!

Comment

• WildmanJoe
            • Jan 2003

Use MV2 Player and play the movie. Go to Audio\Audio Properties\Audio Offset (right-click) on player while movie is playing. Offset the audio by the amount that it is well, offsetted by. Get back to us if it works or not.

Comment

• Enchanter
              Old member
              • Feb 2002

Re: thx to ya all

coolie86,

Since you are having problems with many different players (and codecs), I would say that he problem lies within your own system. Try adding more memory modules to your system (128MB of RAM is awfully little by today's standard). Upgrading your graphic card driver to the most recent version might help as well.

Cheers!
              Last edited by Enchanter; 4 Aug 2003, 07:59 PM.

Comment

• shiny#3
                Digital Video Master
                Digital Video Master
                • Jul 2003

A system powerd by a 700 mhz celeron with 128 mb of available
                memory and a 32mb graphic card is fast enough
                for viewing divx movies in my opinion.

to me it sounds like you have either running to many threads
                in background or defined to many applications to preload at startup ( so that your RAM is crowded with a lot of partially loaded programs) or that you might have some codec conflicts because of
                all your installed codecs.

I still recommend that you use msconfig ( if you have)
                to determine what programs you load at startup.

then get rid of all codec packs you have installed also get rid of
                the installed divx bundles installed to your computer.

get yourself the BS player on the software section of this site!!
                (though I agree that that the MV2 player is a nice player
                I still recomend the BS player for better performance on
                slower systems)

get also the tsunami filter pack (though I recommend using the small version for viewing purposes only.)

you can get that at UNCAS´ dvd help page.

you could also use the nimo codec pack lin the LITE version of this site. If you like it more!!

the second one works good on my 700 mhz celeron 128 mb laptop, that I use as a "portable divx player."

in case you have problems of getting rid of superfluent codecs
                I ´d like to remind you to the CODEC SNIPER.

all this works fine on my laptop, I can´t see why it should not work for you.

Comment

• coolie86
                  • Aug 2003

i have installed MV2 player, and i did that what you said, before you said so... sometimes even without offsetting the movie, it plays back well, synchronized. after about half an hour, an old story begins: it starts to be non-synch! then i offset the movie, and it's good for about an hour, an then the difference between audio and pic is about TEN (10) seconds! and one more thing... i have XP professional, and this morning i turned on my comp. The disk check checked the disk (it starts automatically) and found some errors in mv2p folder! my hdd is ok, i have no bad sectors, that i know for sure! what is now the problem!?
                  Last edited by coolie86; 5 Aug 2003, 06:44 AM.

Comment

• coolie86
                    • Aug 2003

TO SHINY#3:

i know about problems when loading to many programs at startup! i have only two of them. one thing about msconfig i don't know! which services (i have winXPpro) may i turn off? i think that i dont need half of them, but i dont know what happens if i turn them off?

i'd also like to aks you if you can pste me a link to CODEC SNIPER and BS player, because i'm low on net time...? thx anyway

Coolie86

Comment

• coolie86
                      • Aug 2003

something more, folks! is there any free software for cutting parts of movie, or for extracting only audio from movie file?

Comment

• setarip
                        Retired
                        • Dec 2001

(I'm assuming you're asking about DVDs)

"something more, folks! is there any free software for cutting parts of movie"

MPEGCutter v.1.15 (MPEG2CUT.EXE) or ChopperXP

"for extracting only audio from movie file?"

MPEGMediator (to extract as Uncompressed PCM [.WAV])

VOB2AUDIO (to extract as .AC3)
                        Last edited by setarip; 5 Aug 2003, 07:59 AM.

Comment

• WildmanJoe
                          • Jan 2003

To Coolie86:
                          I'm using WinXP Home Edition and from what I know, errors that come from using chkdsk usually comes when you restart your computer in the middle of a process that is writing something to your hdd. What was the error msg that came after the chkdsk?

If this happens again, perhaps you would like to try out the latest version of MV2 Player with some bug fixes or perhaps like Shiny recommended, BS Player which uses less resources. From what I know, MV2 Player doesn't add anything to your startup folder. In fact it's one of those softwares where you can just copy the entire folder and paste it somewhere else then uninstall it from your system. Works for BS Player as well.

Comment

• Enchanter
                            Old member
                            • Feb 2002

Coolie86 will, I maintain, benefit from the addition of more memory modules to his memory-hungry XP installation...

Comment

• coolie86
                              • Aug 2003

i tried downloading BS player, but it won't start. i'm using 'flash get' for that purpose, and it sais that connection is refused! i don'tt know why... i also tried finding CODEC SNIPER (as shiny#3
                              said), but i cannot find it...

Comment

• coolie86
                                • Aug 2003

TO setarip:
                                i've asked about divx programs for cutting part of movies, and extracting audio. sorry for not saying that... if u could tell me again about some programs for that... thx

Comment

Working...