X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

coolie86,

"i tried downloading BS player, but it won't start. i'm using 'flash get' for that purpose, and it sais that connection is refused!"

Use Internet Explorer's "Save Target As" command, instead of a download manager. If necessary, disable your firewall software (or hardware) so as to allow the connection to get through.

Comment

• WildmanJoe
      • Jan 2003

For Flashget, go to Options\Monitor:
      Check "Confirmation" and "Use Alt Key" so that it won't automatically start a download. Instead use the right-click and select "Download Using Flashget" on a DIRECT LINK to the program. You can check this in the status bar of IE (ie. with extensions: *.exe, *.rar, etc.)

For cutting *.avi files, you could use VirtualDub. By the way, all the programs listed in this post can be found in the software section of this site.

Comment

• daniel-ntl
        • Aug 2007

Important

finally to those of you who want to watch high bitrate xvid/divx up to 1000Kbps and not getting slow or choppy,on old computer such as Pentium3,via cyrix III(via c3),AMD k6(without graphic card,just on board graphic card), I got the solution by tial and error:
        1.minimum requirements are:memory 128Mb or higher, CPU clock 700Mhz or higher. OS windows98 or windowsME.
        2.No running program on the background (such as antivirus or else)
        3.Windows media player classic (MPC) original from your OS,you could find it in program files>windows media player>mplayer2.exe
        4.install ffdshow-20050822MSVC71.exe(the most lite and stable for old PC)
        5.the avi files resolution width must NOT exceed 688 if it's 720 then you must resize the avi file.
        6.if the sound from avi is mp3 don't use from ffdshow. you should use the one from windows98 or windowsME MPC (go to ffdshow audio configuration and disable the mp3 codec)
        7.if the sound from avi is ac3 just enable it from ffdshow audio configuration.(if there is an error in the ff_liba52.dll, you should use the ff_liba52.dll from ffdshow-20051103.exe) just install it then copy the dll,paste outside ffdshow folder,uninstall ffdshow,install ffdshow-20050822MSVC71.exe and replace the dll. don't use ac3 filter because it's not lite(use much cpu,make the sound slower than picture-out of sync).
        here're the specs of my computer:
        on board PCchip m755mlr,CPU via cyrix III(via c3) 700Mhz,
        ram 256Mb share,can play high bitrate up to 1000Kbps xvid/divx but the resolution width under 688.

Comment

• gno
          • Oct 2007

MV2 Player... I have been testing it for the last two weeks. I need to set up an automatic player that will play a series of clips in a loop. This player does it quite well, with one exception. It presents a title intro bar with the name of each clip prior to playing them. I would like to have that removed so that each clip plays seamlessly without any clip announcement. Any ideas... I have checked out the Options Advanced (Expert) User and haven't found any toggles that work.

TNX
          GNO

Comment

Working...