X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Redalert
    • Nov 2003

Help!! (DirectDrawCreate): HRESULT = 0x88760231

Anyone that know what this means...
    I got it when i ran my dirext X diagnostics??

Testresultat för DirectDraw: Fel vid steg 3 (DirectDrawCreate): HRESULT = 0x88760231 (okänt fel)

I have had big problems playing games (the graphics flashing around...) and watching movies (vertical dotted lines down the lines)...

When i turn down my hardware acceleration the vertical dotted lines on the movies disapear and everything is great but then i can't play some games...

What should i do????????

Please Help!

Regards
    /Redalert
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

Perhaps you need to reinstall DirectX (and your video card driver) (to the latest versions preferably).

Regards.

Comment

• Redalert
      • Nov 2003

Not working

Nope i tried to re-install directX and videocard (Hercules 9000 pro 128 mb) but it's still the same....

Comment

• sfheath
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Sep 2003

Are you overclocking your CPU? Overheating maybe?
        This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

• Redalert
          • Nov 2003

Nope no overclocking, not what i know about anyway...

Comment

• Redalert
            • Nov 2003

I found alot of people with the same problem...

"hey man i have the same problem but not only my direct draw accerleration but also my direct3d i dont kno how to fix the problem i have a radeon 9200 256mb 8x asgp ddr and this is a new customize computer i bought and i still dont kno how to fix the problem was wondering if u kno what i can do"

Comment

• bob1234567
              • Feb 2014

Originally Posted by Redalert
              Anyone that know what this means...
              I got it when i ran my dirext X diagnostics??

Testresultat för DirectDraw: Fel vid steg 3 (DirectDrawCreate): HRESULT = 0x88760231 (okänt fel)

I have had big problems playing games (the graphics flashing around...) and watching movies (vertical dotted lines down the lines)...

When i turn down my hardware acceleration the vertical dotted lines on the movies disapear and everything is great but then i can't play some games...

What should i do????????

Please Help!

Regards
              /Redalert
              Hi I have a old dell 1100 laptop the cpu is celeron 2.4ghz bus is 400mhz it is slow know
              the internet for windows xp updates ends april 2014 the adobe flashplayer know is updated to 12 ie8 will go to ie9 win xp is out the door, I reinstalled the bios in dell suport to help me with video problems and video card drivers it works for me only when I
              pop out the movie this is in browse tv show hulu, my laptop bus is 400mhz it is to slow
              I WILL upgrade my cpu to pentium 4-m 2.2ghz 400.mhz to see if this works for me .
              I got this laptop on ebay , it was cheep but it is to old. If you can try to update to a
              dual core cpu processor and a L2 chat 1024kb I did find a bios update that I can go back from 32 to 31 or 30 so went to 30 this cleaned up the bad bios , it works
              for me I hope this helps .

Comment

Working...