Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Artemis-kun
    • Feb 2004

Playback all pixellated

I've tried searching for an answer to this in the forums already, but I either am too specific or, I'm too broad, I can't seem to find a happy medium lol.. So I'm posting. Sorry if someone's already answered this one, but I couldn't figure it out for the life of me... Anyways, starting the other day, oddly enough, all my videos, xvid, divx, started to be very very pixelly on full screen mode. The only thing I had added to my computer was my bluetooth adaptor which has since been removed in the off chance that it was the culprit, but to no avail. even in regular size window mode, you can see horizontal, I guess artefacts is the best term to use. like there seems to be a line of pixels removed every like 10 or so lines, but the video is still there, when something scrolls past it. It's really weird, I can't explain it too much better than that... but anyways, I have the lastest divx 5, divx 3.11 and xvid installed, as I always have, and I've tried reinstalling, using ffdshow, and nothing seems to help. even installing other vider drivers doesn't seem to do much. I have a geforce4 ti4200 vtd8x is that helps in any way.. Hopefully someone knows anything about this lol.. I'd like for my anime vids to be non-picelly again in full screen haha!

Cheers,
    Artemis-kun

edit: well it appears less pixelly and more like many many little lines like I described before, upon closer inspection. it's just as if those lines of pixels decide not to display, and results in a blocky look
    Last edited by Artemis-kun; 23 Jul 2004, 02:26 PM.
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

could you provide a screenshot?

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

You might want to check that your video card is properly seated/secured and connected...

Comment

• Artemis-kun
        • Feb 2004

Yeah, the first thing I thought it might be was that the video card wasn't seated properly, and so I've since pulled it out and plugged it back in, but that didn't do anything... I have a screen of what a video played in winamp 5.01 in full screen mode looks like... it's very pixellated tho you can't see the lines I was talking about cuz it isn't animated lol... but at least it should give an idea of what's going on on my computer...
        Here's the pic so I don't kill the forum with a 1024x768 jpg lol...

Cheers,
        Artemis-kun

Comment

• UncasMS
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2001

apart from new/different vga drivers + codecs you could try re-installing direct-x

Comment

• Soulhunter
            • Mar 2004

Ouch, looks like the picture is resized with nearest-neighbor resampling...

Guess it has to do with the video-renderer !!!

What renderer do you use ???

ZoomPlayer:

Media Player Classic:

Bye

Member of E.V.I.L. Corp. 2003 ® - Website in progress...

Comment

• Artemis-kun
              • Feb 2004

Hmm well neither media player classic nor zoom player help any, I played with all the render properties, so I'm gonna give directx a re-install... that was gonna be my first guess, actually, but I was hoping to find something a little less bothersome to do lol.. ah well, tis what happens I suppose. Thanks for all the help, I'll post abou twhat happens after lol..

Cheers,
              Artemis-kun

Comment

• Artemis-kun
                • Feb 2004

Alright, so a reinstall of dx9 did nothing, an uninstall and restore to 8.1 didn't help, and nor did another install of dx9. I even rolled back my vga driver to the one I originally got on my cd, and my output video still looks like that. I think something's gone wacky with windows.. so it comes down to trying to fix the issue with the recovery thingy, or breaking down and getting a 160 gig drive and moving stuff and formatting heh... unless anyone else happens to have an idea of what to do?

Artemis-kun

Comment

• Artemis-kun
                  • Feb 2004

woot! alright, so after repairing windows, all was good again with my display... no idea what the hell caused it, but system repair made it better heh... sorry to have taken up everyone's time, and thanks for all the help!

Artemis-kun

Comment

Working...