Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hassali
    • Jul 2004

Audio and Sync Problems! Please Help!!

Hi, i have a dvdr and Xvid of the same movie, however the AC3 sound is better in the xvid than in the DVDR.
    The dvdr has audio which is not true ac3 and has a bitrate of 384kbs, whereas the xvid has true 5.1 with a bitrate of 448kbs.
    Basically i was wanting to replace the audio from the xvid with that in the dvdr.

I'm just quite stuck at this point, i'm not sure which is the best way to deal / encode the audio and how to sync the audio with the dvdr.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

"Basically i was wanting to replace the audio from the xvid with that in the dvdr."

Is the movie contained on the DVDR in a DVD file format? (e.g. IFO, BUP, and VOB files)

Comment

• hassali
      • Jul 2004

yes. but i have extracted the movie file and now i am left with an mpg and m2v of the dvd movie.

I have extracted the ac3 audio from the xvid, but it is the next step/s that i need help with.

thanks

Comment

• ormonde
        Digital Video Explorer
        • Dec 2003

"i have extracted the movie file and now i am left with an mpg and m2v of the dvd movie."

You should have two files. The .m2v represents the video (silent-no audio). The second independent file should be the audio stream (Ac3, mp2, DTS, LPCM). Is it an mp2? You can use "TMPGEnc" or "TMPGEnc Plus" to "Multiplex" the video and audio streams together to form a "New" mpeg file. Go to "File" > "Mpeg Tools" > "Multiplex" (Not "Simple Multiplex")
        Last edited by ormonde; 30 Jul 2004, 03:07 AM.

Comment

• hassali
          • Jul 2004

yes, i have an m2v file (video with no sound) and the ac3 file. The problem is that the xvid is different in length to the dvdr, so i have to sync them together correctly.

Again, how would i do that??

Comment

• ormonde
            Digital Video Explorer
            • Dec 2003

"The problem is that the xvid is different in length to the dvdr"

What is the difference in the length?

Comment

• hassali
              • Jul 2004

the xvid starts around 49s after the dvd.

i.e. misses the opening credits

Comment

• ormonde
                Digital Video Explorer
                • Dec 2003

"the xvid starts around 49s after the dvd."

I would first follow the advice listed in my 2nd to last post. After you have successfully multiplexed the audio and video in TMPGEnc, if there is still a sync problem (most likely), then there is an "Audio Gap Correct" feature in TMPGEnc you can use to correct it.

Comment

• hassali
                  • Jul 2004

ok, i've done what you said and multiplexed the the ac3 and m2v and then tried to re-sync. However although it is in sync at the start the movie goes progressively out of sync.

The framerate of the xvid is 25fps and the dvdr is 29.97fps, so i'm guessing it is that??

How would i finally convert the framerate of the ac3 so that it matches the dvd film (25 -> 29.97 )

thanks

Comment

• ormonde
                    Digital Video Explorer
                    • Dec 2003

"How would i finally convert the framerate of the ac3 so that it matches the dvd film"

First, try and correct the sync issue by doing this:

In TMPGEnc, after you have loaded the mpeg file, click the "Setting" button at the bottom of the main dialog. Click on the "Advanced" tab and double-click on "Source Range". In that dialog at the bottom, there is an "Audio Gap Correct" window that will allow you to correct the audio by using a plus or minus value.

Comment

Working...