X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ubamous3
    • Feb 2004

program crashes when playing videos

hi,

please help;i recently did a fresh install of win2k on 1 of my computers, and since i haven't been able to play avi's on it; it plays ok for about 5-10 minutes and then the sound stutters and the program crashes; i have tried bsplayer and powerdvd and same result; i'm not sure if this is hardware, ram, driver related or not having the right codec; unlikely the codec b/c otherwise, it wouldnt play at all;i looked at gspot and it says i have the codecs installed

thanks

ps: i have win2k with sp3; 1 gig of DDR RAM
  • WildmanJoe
    • Jan 2003

Try other players like Media Player Classic or MV2 Player (they never failed me, or at least one of them worked...). Try FFDShow or reinstalling a new codec pack (recommended: DJBCP Codec Pack).

Comment

• ubamous3
      • Feb 2004

thanks wildmanjoe; i'mnot sure if media player classic will be better b/c before i had to format to get rid of win2k sp4 problems, i never had problems playing xvid files before (now i havnt had a chanceto play divx files or mpg files )so i m not definite ;i'll try the codec pack and see, but a lot of people advise against it b/c of potential incompatibility of diff. codecs; but it's worth a shot; thank u

Comment

• WildmanJoe
        • Jan 2003

Of all the codec packs that I've used, this one worked the best for me. Just a personal opinion. And yes, MPC is one of the best media players out there.

Comment

Working...