Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mfem
    • Jan 2006

tv capture card

I have this problem i connected my TV card to my PC intalled the software reboot pluged in the TV antena behind the card turned on the program to watch TV nothing appears. I treid scanning for TV channels but none of the 125 channles came up with anything but just the blury white screen.
    WHen i played a DVD player connected cables from the player to Tv Capture card then i switched the Video mode from Live TV to Video the quality of the images playing on the DVD player was very bad and movements were really slow.
    Here's the images of the board,cpu,tv card
    motherBoard
    CPU
    TV card
    My questions are
    A: Do i need a reliable Video or Graphics card ? (the one i'm using at moment came with the motherbaord)
    B: What programs/software are there which can act as a decoder to capture TV frequencies
    C: Any suggestions ?

Sorry i forgot the name of the software that came with the Video card? Its at home i have to recheck it after lunch.
  • anonymez
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2004

1. no, but onboard graphics suck. get a graphics card-- if you don't do gaming, get a low-end one such as the geforce 5200 or 6200

2. whatever came with your tv card

3. yes- start by visiting the manufacturer's website, download the latest drivers and software. uninstall old, install new

the quality of the images playing on the DVD player was very bad and movements were really slow
    its an analogue capture card, so don't expect very high quality
    "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

Working...