• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gew
    Dysfunctional
    • Jul 2008

Sony Vegas + LAME ACM = ..just a myth?

Greetings dear travellers!

First of all, I'm really unsure if whether I've posted this thread on the right board, but since there I didn't found any dedicated Win32 Linear-Editing Software forum (maybe I'm blind, if that would be the case please correct me!).

However, to the issue..

Sony Vegas + LAME MPEG Layer-3 Encoder = FALSE/TRUE?

This started until I had upgraded to Fraunhofer Professional (so I was stuck with <56kbps mp3 encoding), then I stripped Google to find a solution. Lots of people then talked about the LAME ACM encoder? So I tried it, however, I got the "An error occured when opening the codec" error box - like everyone else, it seems, after re-visiting Google with that debug message.

So, no one seems to have the correct answer, really wicked. So, I've purchased Fraunhofer Pro and won't really need the LAME anymore, but I still think about the problem a few night a week when I'm laying in my bed.. "What if you can(!) make the LAME ACM work with Vegas, maybe(!!) it was just some conflict, i.e. w/ the ancient(!) Fraunhofer Advanced that was laying there, or something else..?", and so I keep on wondering.

So, my question..

Has _ANYONE(!!!)_ here got LAME to work with Vegas. I'm talking Vegas 8, but any experience from Vegas 6/7 is interesting aswell. So, consider this sort of a poll However, if I get some really elite veteran dropping a "Vegas suffers from LAME ACM incompitability, no workarounds known!", I will cut my quest and rest silent... in peace with myself!

Thanks for all great answers!
  • drfsupercenter
    NOT an online superstore
    • Oct 2005

Ulead Video Studio also seems to have a problem with LAME.

It's likely just a codec issue... I don't complain because converting to PCM is easy.
    CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
    Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
    My DVD Collection

Comment

• exxdmo
      Banned
      • Jul 2008

Thanks Gew...

Comment

• macron0
        • Mar 2010

Hi,
        So what I make of your comment you did get fraunhofer to work with vegas?

I mean you could render to mp3 with it? at higher rates than 56 kbit?

Thanks for your reaction, since vegas and mp3 seems to be an absurt mistery no one seems to beable to solve.

Comment

• jellad.tarek
          • Oct 2010

hello Gew

I look everywhere on the web to solve the problem of error: "An error occurred When Opening the codec" blade mp3 sony vegas ... but found nothing.

so ... I try to provide my own solution.

After some tests, finally it works ....

This solution is based on a slight modification of the file "LameACM.inf", deleting and adding other needed files.

Steps to follow:

1) uninstall all the video codes installed on the machine (using the Control Panel).

2) deleting from your system32 folder this files (if they exist of course):
          - LameACM.acm
          - Lame_acm.xml
          - L3codeca.acm
          - L3codecp.acm.

3) reboot

4) install "lameACM-3.98" that I modified (4shared.com/file/LlNhhX2l/gooood_lameACM-398__from_tunis.html) (add "3w." before the link) :
          - Right click on "LameACM.inf" and "install".
          - Restart if necessary (if the program requires it).
          - Double click on "l3codecp.reg and answere yes...yes.

5) reboot the machine.

6) end of installation

7) tries to use "lame mp3" sony vegas 9.0

bye the error: "An error occurred When Opening the codec

Comment

Working...