Distorted picture when files are burnt onto a DVD

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tricks
    • Aug 2010

So try to reconvert? can I use xili soft? or are these other programs better? I do something wrong when using VDub, I have had files come out at 90 GB!! LOL but I'll check out the instructions. One thing though with at least one movie I re-converted a number of times, the only luck I had was to convert it into a DVD (vob) then it played fine, strange huh

Comment

• tricks
      • Aug 2010

Ok I'm going to give this a try today, I have this topic posted on another board and one suggestion was to use AVI Recomp what do you think about that, since I have a few files that all have the same issue during play back I thought I might try each one of the suggestion and see which works best, also I'm still unclear about using fourcc changer any idea if any of the choices $cc changer gave me would work? I posted the question above, thanks again for all the help

Comment

• paglamon
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Aug 2005

AVI Recomp is good. VD is producing 90 GB file because you have not configured the compressor(XviD/DivX) and hence uncompressed avi is being produced.
        If you want a software that requires least amout of user interference,then try AutoGK.
        sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• tricks
          • Aug 2010

Ok I'll try that, Thanks again paglamon

Comment

• tricks
            • Aug 2010

I think it has something to do with my DVD player not being able to play a certain format, because my sons XBox played one of the movies just fine but my player wouldn't.

Comment

• tricks
              • Aug 2010

It took me a minute to figure out how to compress the file with Vdub, but I seem to have did it. I was in full process mode, then went to video and clicked on compression picked Xvid, it was listed twice but both read the same (used the first one) sent the settings to default and clicked configure, made my start stop marks for the clip then clicked save as avi...does this sound right? I made a few small clips different ways and I'm going to check and see if any of them work. Thanks again for the help

Comment

• tricks
                • Aug 2010

They all worked! now to figure out which gives me the better picture!

Comment

• paglamon
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  • Aug 2005

it was listed twice but both read the same
                  Choose the one which has FOURCC code 'xvid'.
                  The other one probably has FOURCC 'yv12'.
                  sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

Working...