Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zombieluigi
    • May 2009

Problems Adding Subs To AVI File... need help

I wrote some subs for an avi file and tried to use VDub to attach them... when I preview the vid there are no subs showing... I have followed tutorials word for word and I cant figure out what is going wrong.... I have the avi and ssa file... the subtitler plugin is there... Im frustrated and on the verge of giving up... If someone has a tip for me it would be much appreciated...thanks
  • MilesAhead
    Eclectician
    • Nov 2006

From this point if you have the vid and the subs, the sub format doesn't matter much(unless you need a specific format for your authoring app.) Try Subtitle Workshop. An .srt or idx/sub subtitle set might work with more stuff.

Comment

• zombieluigi
      • May 2009

mhmm

I used subtitle workshop to make the subtitles... now i need to make them part of the video... so I can upload it to youtube. I have the subs in srt and sub formats... but nothing seems to work to attach them

Comment

• NightTran
        King of Digital Video
        King of Digital Video
        • Aug 2005

when you play the avi and your sub with VLC are they alright
        sigpic

Comment

• MilesAhead
          Eclectician
          • Nov 2006

Originally Posted by zombieluigi
          I used subtitle workshop to make the subtitles... now i need to make them part of the video... so I can upload it to youtube. I have the subs in srt and sub formats... but nothing seems to work to attach them
          When you say "attach" if you mean "burn in" then you can use AviDemux to add the subtitle to the .avi video image. You need to use one of the subtitle filters. If you mux in selectable subtitles to an .avi or .divx only the Divx Player will show them on the PC. Stand-alone players that do .divx will show them of course. To make sure everyone can see them then you probably need to burn them in. Wiki docs for AviDemux here:

Comment

• edudez
            • Jul 2009

Permanent subtitle

There is a perfect tutorial here:

divxland . org / permanentsubtitling . php

.................................................. ......................
            Sorry for this messed up format because of some stupid site rule that does not let me post links...

Comment

Working...