Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forumadm/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forumadm/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forumadm/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Convert SUB to SRT then join - Digital Video Forums

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Convert SUB to SRT then join

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trotskyicepick
    • Sep 2010

Convert SUB to SRT then join

Hi All,

I have ripped a DVD to 2 .avi, 2 .sub and 2 .idx files. I have successfully joined the avi's using VirtualDub.

I now want to join the 2 subs and convert to srt (or convert each sub to srt and join the srt files).

Subtitle workshop doesn't like the sub files stating "bad subtitle" or "unsupported format".

I have tried using SubRip to convert the subs but I just end up with a lot of .sup files and an .srt which appears to contain links to the sup files.

I must be doing something wrong, I want to do this in order to stream DVDs to my XBox via TVersity.

Thanks
    Andrew
    Last edited by trotskyicepick; 6 Sep 2010, 04:41 AM. Reason: Problem solved
  • paglamon
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Aug 2005

See this:
    Required Tools: Subtosup and DvdsubEdit 1. Launch Subtosup. Click or File then Open. https://forum.videohelp.com/images/guides/342346/0.6.jpg Browse
    sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• trotskyicepick
      • Sep 2010

Awesome Paglamon, that worked an absolute treat.

Now just have to figure out which of the multitude of video softwares I've downloaded I actually need

Thanks a million.

Comment

• paglamon
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Aug 2005

Glad it worked for you.
        I probably would have managed this with Subrip only. But ,this might be the easier way. Subrip is not very intuitive.
        sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎