Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forumadm/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forumadm/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forumadm/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forumadm/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forumadm/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forumadm/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forumadm/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forumadm/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forumadm/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forumadm/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forumadm/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forumadm/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forumadm/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forumadm/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 making dvd covers, please help... - Digital Video Forums

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

making dvd covers, please help...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • slateef
    • Dec 2003

making dvd covers, please help...

hi

wondering if someone can help...

how can i make a dvd cover (front, back, spine) using graphics d/l'ed from a website?

for example, i have d/l'ed the front and back covers of a dvd from dvdplanet, how can i print these usind the correct size and format for a dvd cover insert? is there a good program to do this?

and i don't have the spine part (the title and art) so how can i make a cover and "fill in" this info myself?

any ideas would be much appreciated!

thanks!
  • nwg
    Left *****
    • Jun 2003

Download this gif image.

http://www.apah20.dsl.pipex.com/dvd/dimension.gif

It has the right dimensions for each bit of the cover.

Using Paint Shop Pro, I create a new image at 18.3 cm high and 27.3 cm wide. I then create the front, back and spine on their own, and then copy them into the first image in the right place.

Make the front and back 12.95cm by 18.3 cm and put them at the left and right hand side.

If the image is done right the spine should be at the right size which you can then do something to fill it in.

The cover then is printed out and each bit is in the right place.

Comment

• slateef
      • Dec 2003

nwg: u have a PM!

Comment

• ashy
        • Nov 2003

Well I think you should find a better place for your covers because it shouldn't be in 2 parts. It should be just one complete cover including front, back and spine.

You can then import this image into one of the many cover creator programs out there which will automatically resize it to the correct dimensions and print it.

Here is one that will do exactly what you want and is amazingly reasonably priced and has a 30 day full demo:

Comment

• slateef
          • Dec 2003

ashy: do you know of any other websites go get covers other than dvdcoverart? they don't have many R0 covers, and that's mainly what i'm looking for...

Comment

• ashy
            • Nov 2003

The absolute best cover site on the web:

Comment

• Fetchdaferret
              Gold Member
              Gold Member
              • Oct 2002

ever tried the nero cover designer? Comes as Add-on with Nero Burning Rom and is a really easy way to fit your images in the correct dimensions.

Comment

• nwg
                Left *****
                • Jun 2003

cdcovers.cc is rubbish for decent covers. Most are less than 100dpi and less than 200k in file size.

Comment

• ashy
                  • Nov 2003

Most covers I have downloaded are just fine. Yeh some are not as good as they could be, but most are and no different to any other cover site, they all have crap ones .
                  The point is you won't find a site with as large an archive any where else.

I don't see you posting an alternative. Maybe you should just get yourself a better quality printer.

Comment

• nwg
                    Left *****
                    • Jun 2003

Most of my decent ones came from www.dvdcoverart.com.

They have true 300dpi covers.

My printer is just fine (HP 960).

Comment

• ashy
                      • Nov 2003

Most of my decent ones came from www.dvdcoverart.com.
                      Has already been mentioned previously.

Comment

• nwg
                        Left *****
                        • Jun 2003

Yes I know, I was just saying where I got my decent ones from.

Comment

• Andrewwww
                          • Feb 2004

Hey,
                          I am trying to find information about my problem, I have tried Nero Cover Designer and DVD Cover Print but both of them are giving fuzzy images. In Nero, I have to resize it with arrows, and in DVD Cover Print, it will automatically resize correctly.
                          Unfortunately, writings on the image are not readable as they are not clear.
                          I have not tried to print them though, will they print correctly or if I'll get a bad result like I see on the screen?
                          Any suggestions about that? I download my covers on cdcovers.cc. I have the same problem with CD labels.
                          Thanks!

Comment

• Quality's Proof
                            Digital Video Master
                            Digital Video Master
                            • Jan 2004

Lots of people complaining about the coverart as crappy @ cd. They have been running "contests" for the most covers "uploaded" and they've seemed to accept about anything, fuzzy images and all. There is another thread on the forum where you might get some better quality coverart, though I forget the name of the thread....it is a somewhat recent post.

If it's much less than 600 dpi, I don't really want such, unless it is very hard to find.

There are lots of coverart commercial softwares, even Memorex has such.
                            Rig :

P - 4 @ 1.7 Ghz, 768 mb (133) Ram, Intel 845 chipset M'board, Seagate 60 Gig., 5400 rpsm hdd, Maxtor 40 Gig. 7200 rpm hdd, Hauppauge 880 pvr card, etc.. O.S. - XP Home Edition.

Comment

• roller
                              • Jan 2002

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎