Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forumadm/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forumadm/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forumadm/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forumadm/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Dust Voids PS3 Warranty - Digital Video Forums

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dust Voids PS3 Warranty

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

Dust Voids PS3 Warranty

"I just got off the phone With PS3 customer support who kindly informed me that my PS3 is "too dusty" to be replaced under warranty. But won't provide pictures unless they are subpoenaed."
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

Sony CSR: What? No! Dust Doesn't Void Your PS3 Warranty! (unless there's enough dust to suggest neglect)

Comment

• drfsupercenter
      NOT an online superstore
      • Oct 2005

I better dust my Wii off, before Nintendo decides to sell their souls to the Devil as Sony has...
      CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
      Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
      My DVD Collection

Comment

• NightTran
        King of Digital Video
        King of Digital Video
        • Aug 2005

or better yet not buying it
        sigpic

Comment

• admin
          Administrator
          • Nov 2001

I opened up my computer last week (it was last cleaned a couple of months ago), and the amount of dust in it was ridiculous. The computer sits on a table in a room that doesn't have its windows opened too often. The computer case even has dust filters built into the case, but it doesn't help (the dust filters were clogged with dusts though). There was a layer of dust on top of the CPU heat sink (just underneath the fan) - I couldn't even see the heat sink anymore.

I cleaned it up and it seems the system now operates much cooler and quieter than before.

It just shows that dust is a real problem these days, and warranties should specify what is meant by "excessive" (if the machine has been burried under dirt or left outside for a few weeks, then okay, that's excessive - but just because there is a layer of dirt on certain components inside doesn't mean that it wasn't used under normal conditions). A lot of the time, excessive dust is due to poor airflow design, making things like fans, dust magnets.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎