Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forumadm/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forumadm/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forumadm/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forumadm/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Trouble burning a DVD - Digital Video Forums

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trouble burning a DVD

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Philter
    • Dec 2003

Trouble burning a DVD

This is from a beginner - so please bear with me.

I've used DVDShrink to successfully compress and copy a DVD onto my hard drive. If I double click on the movie files it plays so this seems to have worked. But I'm having trouble burning these files to a DVD. I have a Liteon DVD+/- burner wich came with "Sonic My DVD" burning software. Seeing no easy way to use the software to burn these files (error message "file type not recognized") I went to "explore" (windows 98) and simply sellected all the files and dragged and dropped them onto the DVD drive. The burn process seemed to work and all the files created by DVD Shrink seem to be on the DVD. Again I can double click on the video files and they will play - so something has worked. But when I put the disk into the DVD drive and close it, it fails to autorun (and if I open up my DVD player and try to play it, it returns an error message). The disc also fails to play in my home DVD player.

Any help very much appreciated.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

ALL of the DVD-related files (.IFOs, .BUPs, .VOBs) MUST be placed in and burned in a folder named VIDEO_TS (MUST be all capitals)

Comment

• Philter
      • Dec 2003

Thanks very much for such a quick response. I did as you said -created a file VIDEO_TS on the hard drive, used "Back Up" in DVD Shrink to copy the files to that folder and then dragged and dropped the folder into the burner drive using "Explore". The disc that this created will now autorun perfectly when I put it into the PC drive, but will not play in my Sony DVD player attached to the TV.

I'm sure for a Demi God of digital video this must be trying your patience. But I'm hoping that you'll put me straight again.

Thanks in advance for any help.

(someother info. that might help. I used re-author and copied the main movie only. I also used the "make compatible" function when right clicking on the DVD drive in Explore after I copied the files - the disc would not open before I did this. The DVD burner came with Sonic My DVD burner software)

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"dragged and dropped the folder into the burner drive using "Explore"."

1) You REALLY should use a decent burning PROGRAM, such as NERO (In "DVD-Video" mode), as it will take care of all required DVD settings automatically

2) Your Sony standalone DVD player may be one of the few that insists on seeing an "AUDIO_TS" folder (even though it's empty) on your burned DVD, as well as the "VIDEO_TS" folder

Comment

• ashy
          • Nov 2003

You can't just drop these files using explorer and then burn. You have to burn them in the right UDF format.
          They will play when burned, but not on your DVD player.
          Use Nero's DVD video mode and drop all the files into the Video_TS folder then burn.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎