Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forumadm/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forumadm/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forumadm/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forumadm/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forumadm/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forumadm/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forumadm/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forumadm/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forumadm/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forumadm/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Pixelation/Freeze problem during playback - Digital Video Forums

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pixelation/Freeze problem during playback

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DVDFan1969
    • Nov 2005

Pixelation/Freeze problem during playback

at least 3 times in the last 5 weeks it'll decrypt,shrink,and burn fine but when i play it back about 40-50 minutes into the playback,it'll pixelate and freeze. is this caused by burning or shrinking in a different mode? or is it caused by a faulty DVD? please let me know.
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

it's the burning/media.

what's actually doing the burning? (software)
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• vw56german
      Digital Video Expert
      Digital Video Expert
      • Jun 2005

this is a good thread to read for bad playback:

Comment

• jmet
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2002

Also try lowering outcome the "Target DVD size" (for cheap media).

Open DVD Shrink. Click "Edit", then "Preferences". On the first tab at the top in the drop down box, change it from "DVD-5 (4.7GB) to "Custom" and enter a number of 4200MB (4464MB is burning to the edge of the disc, you want to stay away from the edge as the edge of cheap media (disc's) are poorly manufactured). Screen Shot Below:

Comment

• DVDFan1969
          • Nov 2005

i'm using Imation

i'm using imation. is this part of the reason? it actually does it more often when i play it on xbox and ps2. when i play it on this computer it doesn't do it at all. once when i burned bewitched it did it on here,ps2,and xbox so i ended up throwing it away as i no longer had the .iso and was too lazy to re-rip again lol.

Comment

• jmet
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2002

"it actually does it more often when i play it on xbox and ps2"
            XBox and PS2 are meant for "Games". Not DVD movies. Yes I know they can play them but, that wasn't what they were designed for. They are extremely picky about what media they will and will not play.

Comment

• DVDFan1969
              • Nov 2005

ok

ok i guess you are right but the problem is my dvd player in my bedroom only supports DVD-R and my burner on this PC only burns DVD+R so this is the only way i can play back. I am hoping to get a new DVD player one day (possibly for christmas) and if i do,and if it supports DVD+R as well as DVD-R then it might solve the problem.

Paul

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                Demigod of Digital Video
                • Nov 2004

wonder if your burner supports bitsetting, if set to dvd-rom your xbox or whatever it is may play it better. it might be the answer till santa gets you that new player
                "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
                Columbo moments...
                "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• DVDFan1969
                  • Nov 2005

well...

i checked the link and searched for my DVD Burner Drive which is DDW-081 but i don't know what it says about bitsetting. anyway...

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                    Demigod of Digital Video
                    • Nov 2004

doesn't hurt to try
                    Columbo moments...

Comment

• jmet
                      Super Moderator
                      • Nov 2002

Your burner supports Bitsetting. - http://www.nu-global.com/1_english/3..._ide.php?pID=3

Burn to DVD+R and bitset (Book Type) them to "DVD-ROM".

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎