Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forumadm/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forumadm/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forumadm/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forumadm/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forumadm/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forumadm/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forumadm/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forumadm/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forumadm/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forumadm/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forumadm/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forumadm/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Burning Problem - Digital Video Forums

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Burning Problem

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • reggie
    • Nov 2003

Burning Problem

First of all, hope this is in the right place.

The past 2 dvd's I have tried to burn won't.
    The writer copys CD's alright but it won't burn the DVD's properly meaning I wasted two discs in the process. I decided to test the next one to see if the same thing happens so I don't waste another disc and this is what came up, It came up with the same thing when it was burning it aswell. It always does it at around 18 minutes.

Then, when I try to play the disc on WinDVD, It plays but when I skip chapters to later on in the film, It doesn't work .

Is it neros fault?
    Is it the burners fault?
    Is it the discs fault?
    Please help!!!

(The burner is a Panasonic LF-D521 DVD Multi Recorder and the discs are Red Datawrite 4x DVD-R and I ripped it with DVDShrink version 3beta5 if thats any help.)
    Attached Files
  • sfheath
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Sep 2003

Hi Reggie, first thing that worries me is your screenshot says DVD-RAM?
    The Panasonic is a standalone, yes? If so, what is your PC unit?
    If you do a search on "Panasonic" you should find some threads regarding readability issues between the standalone burner and PC's.
    Btw, I always write to DVD-RW for testing purposes before commiting to a DVD-R. It reduces but unfortunately does not eliminate coasters!

ok, looked up the drive you mention, sorry.
    I'd try for a slower speed write maybe? what version number Nero is it btw?
    Last edited by sfheath; 5 Dec 2003, 02:52 AM.
    This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

• reggie
      • Nov 2003

Version 5 something,

I have done a few before and they worked but recently It hasn't worked if that helps.

Comment

• sfheath
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Sep 2003

you're still puting everything into the VIDEO_TS folder and burning in "DVD compatible" mode with an empty AUDIO_TS folder?
        Have you installed anything recently that may conflict?

Comment

• reggie
          • Nov 2003

Originally posted by sfheath

Have you installed anything recently that may conflict?
          Just deleted something that I think could have done it, Will try burning again in a minute, thanks if it works!

Comment

• reggie
            • Nov 2003

I burned something about 1GB big and itn did it fine, I tried to burn something about 4GB and the same thing happened.

Any more ideas?

Comment

• sfheath
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • Sep 2003

Are you creating a DVD structure on your hard drive first? If so, is the result working in WinDVD?
              How much over 4Gb are you trying to burn?

Comment

• reggie
                • Nov 2003

Originally posted by sfheath
                Are you creating a DVD structure on your hard drive first? If so, is the result working in WinDVD?
                How much over 4Gb are you trying to burn?
                Just over 4.5GB and it is way under the limit, it starts burning then at 18-19 minutes if burning on 2x it fails and errors and 36-38 mins on 2x it fails, any ideas?

I also remember a straight copy didn't work once too.

Comment

• setarip
                  Retired
                  • Dec 2001

"Just over 4.5GB"

Although blank burnable DVDs are indicated to hold "4.7GB", the most you can actually fit on them is approximately 4.37Gb...

Comment

• reggie
                    • Nov 2003

Sorry, I told a lie, in nero, it is just over half way between the 4000MB and the 4500MB bit at the bottom which would make it about 4.25-4.3GB I think and in the folder where the files are, it says 4.16GB.

So, is that to big or is it still something else?

Comment

• setarip
                      Retired
                      • Dec 2001

"I burned something about 1GB big and itn did it fine, I tried to burn something about 4GB and the same thing happened."

Try using higher quality media and/or burning at a lower rate. It sounds like a problem writing toward the outer edge of the media...

Comment

• reggie
                        • Nov 2003

Well, I downloaded "frcaspi1.7" or something called like that and did what it said and then did another burn and it worked!!!!

Next time I go out and get some discs, I'll get some better quality media and/or -RW.

Thanks for the help, I hope it works more now.
                        Last edited by reggie; 10 Dec 2003, 07:05 AM.

Comment

• setarip
                          Retired
                          • Dec 2001

"Thanks for the help"

My (Our) pleasure ;>}

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎