Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forumadm/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forumadm/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forumadm/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forumadm/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forumadm/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forumadm/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forumadm/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 DVD Shrink and Easy CD Creator 5 problems - Digital Video Forums

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DVD Shrink and Easy CD Creator 5 problems

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • saltlickdog
    • Jan 2004

DVD Shrink and Easy CD Creator 5 problems

I have recently purchased a DVD burner ( Dell NEC 1100A). I purchased DVD X copy as my ripping software. I have sucessfully burned DVD's with no problem (zero coasters!!!). I just recently decided to download DVD shrink as a back-up, in case DVD X copy fails. So I downloaded DVD Shrink and had great success in ripping and shrinking. The movie was sucessfully saved in the VIDEO_TS file. When I open up Roxio CD Creator 5.3.2 Basic, I had no problem burning the file to the DVD. I went into the process of viewing the movie on my stand alone Phillips DVD player and there was no response in playing the movie. The DVD player cosistently flashed loading, but nothing from that point. I have researched other opinions about Roxio CD Creator 5.3.2 Basic. The response was stated as a piece of CRAP!!! In looking at reviews in this forum, NERO 6 was the best solution for burning DVD's that would respond well with DVD Shrink. So I downloaded Nero 6 (a trial version) hoping for a solution. I still had the same problem with viewing the DVD on my stand alone DVD player. So far I have made two coasters with my failed attempts. I would appreciate any help that anyone can offer.
  • kuneo
    • Jan 2004

Here's a guess that's worked before-

There seems to be conflict's when both Nero and Roxio are on the same computer (prob some internal boxing match going on

I would delete Roxio,and try a burn with Nero again-or vice versa.

Hope this helps.

K

Comment

• saltlickdog
      • Jan 2004

I have tried that and still no luck. I also noticed when I view the movie(backed up from DVD Shrink) using Power DVD. When it prompts up the menu to play the movie it will not highlight the play wording so you can view it on my PC. I decided to start viewing the finished product before I burn it, so I want have a coaster collection. Or could it be the movie I'm using, Finding Nemo. Still need all the help I can get.

Comment

• kuneo
        • Jan 2004

Well you've got a can of worms there

If you were burning ok at first with Xcopy why not go back? (I hate Xcopy too).

If you want to use Shrink and Nero (only) make sure you remove CD Creator,and Xcopy from your "remove program" part of conttol panel (not just the icon's).

I had a lot of problems viewing my burned DVD's with Power DVD-so I only use Windows Media Player now.

The free downloaded Nero may inhibit burning (although I don't know why it would except if they want the $$$ first?).

Your choice of blank media could cause conflict's too,but you said they worked before.

I have made a lot of coaster's when I used 4x burning speeds (even though the disc's were rated 4x) the fix was to slow down the burn speed to 2x in many cases.

It seems that the more the compressed the movie with Shrink the more conflict's with 4x burning speed-so I back down to 2x for many. Uncompressed movie's (90-100%) burned at 4x ok.

Regards
        K

Comment

• decryptit
          • Jan 2004

TRy out nero its much better.
          Total Number Of Views
          Decryptit

The Decrypter

Comment

• Quality's Proof
            Digital Video Master
            Digital Video Master
            • Jan 2004

What a nickname, reminds me of hunting seasons, many years ago.

I have the dvdxCopy Gold (Xpress included) and decided the freeware solution was best.

Since you already have shrink, you could download and install the freewares, dvddecrypter 3.1.9.0 (not v. 3.1.8.0) and IMGClassic v. 0.91.1.

If you have XP, the SPTI will be the layer and you will not need to install a freeware aspi from Adaptec.

IMGClassic will take the srunk files from 'Shrink and burn them with 'decrypter (automated process after a few clicks). After 10 or so back-ups like this, ver, very easy and compressed movies look better than Xpress.
            Rig :

P - 4 @ 1.7 Ghz, 768 mb (133) Ram, Intel 845 chipset M'board, Seagate 60 Gig., 5400 rpsm hdd, Maxtor 40 Gig. 7200 rpm hdd, Hauppauge 880 pvr card, etc.. O.S. - XP Home Edition.

Comment

• saltlickdog
              • Jan 2004

What site can I download IMGClassic v 0.91.1 from?

Comment

• nwg
                Left *****
                • Jun 2003

What site can I download IMGClassic v 0.91.1 from?
                http://www.coujo.de/ib/index.php?act..._name=download

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎