Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forumadm/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forumadm/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forumadm/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forumadm/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forumadm/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 AC3 and certain MP3 imcompatibility problem? - Digital Video Forums

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AC3 and certain MP3 imcompatibility problem?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jen2
    • Nov 2002

AC3 and certain MP3 imcompatibility problem?

Got a problem: When I downloaded a movie the video worked fine: Video : 464 Mb, 920 Kbps, 23.976 fps, res. 640*272 (2.21:1), DIV3 = DivX MPEG-4 (Low-Motion)

But the audio: Audio : 225 Mb, 448 Kbps, 48000 Hz, 5 chan., 0x2000 = AC3 DVM
    Stated it wasn't supported. So I downloaded and installed AC3.
    The sound then worked great, but it interferred with some of my MP3s. Not all of them, just some.

While the AC3 is installed it garbles some of the MP3s completely and causes a crackling, static sound in the background of others.
    Then I have some MP3s that work great regardless...

What installed with the AC3 is: iviaudio.ax and mpgaudio.ax

When I delete them all my mp3s work find again but I lose the sound on my movie.

I had the same problem when I installed the Nimo pack. I ended up having to uninstall it so I could play my mp3s.

Anybody got any ideas of how to get around this problem?

Thank you.

• Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

Try having ONLY the iviaudio.ax file installed.

Comment

• jen2
      • Nov 2002

Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately, the minute I installed iviaudio.ax (even without the mpgaudio.ax) it garbled my mp3s.

But another person on a different forum suggested that I get a different mp3 player that didn't use the codec in my system files. So I downloaded one. Now I can play my mp3s and still have iviaudio.ax installed in the system files - as long as I use the new mp3 player to play them.

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

What is that MP3 player?

Comment

• jen2
          • Nov 2002

Well, I'm not really certain I know what I'm talking about, but the guy on the
          other board told me which mp3 player to download:
          "4 MP3" at http://4mp3.cjb.net

He said it was low cpu usuage and would probably work for what I wanted. He also
          told me to open it in it's own folder instead of installing it in 'programs' -
          so I did. I don't really know if it's not looking in the system files or
          if it's just not affected by the iviaudio.ax - but it worked. No more garbled
          mp3s. I'm totally illiterate where this stuff is
          concerned, so I'm not really sure what's going on or why it worked. Whether it
          was the mp3 player or just opening it somewhere besides the program files?
          I just know it worked for me...

Comment

• Enchanter
            Old member
            • Feb 2002

Thanks for that link. Might I suggest that you give CoolPlayer a try as well? It's an excellent, light-weight player as well as utilising the escellent MAD (MPEG Audio Decoder) decoder, instead of the commonly used FhG.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎