Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forumadm/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forumadm/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forumadm/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forumadm/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forumadm/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forumadm/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forumadm/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forumadm/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forumadm/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forumadm/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forumadm/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 anyone try maxell plus series? - Digital Video Forums

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone try maxell plus series?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • raymondtrudeau
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Jun 2005

anyone try maxell plus series?

has anyone tried maxell plus series -r 8x code mxlrg02? they say they are one of the best dvd's they are even better then taiyo yudens.....
    they are made in japan and they are not the ones that you can get a bestbuy etc...
  • locoeng
    Who Farted?
    • Dec 2005

Those should be Hitatchi High Grade and they are excellent...however, having used about 200 of them I feel they still are not up to snuff with the Verbatims and Taiyo Yudens. My two cents.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. It's not fair to you and no challenge for us."
    Walt Kelly

Comment

• NightTran
      King of Digital Video
      King of Digital Video
      • Aug 2005

they are about as sony 8x made in taiwan, can't be as good as TY or YD
      sigpic

Comment

• raymondtrudeau
        Gold Member
        Gold Member
        • Jun 2005

Originally Posted by NightTran
        they are about as sony 8x made in taiwan, can't be as good as TY or YD
        no these ones are made in japan

Comment

• NightTran
          King of Digital Video
          King of Digital Video
          • Aug 2005

I know I post one of the scan for you to see
          Attached Files
          sigpic

Comment

• raymondtrudeau
            Gold Member
            Gold Member
            • Jun 2005

is that good scan? i do not understand what iam lokking for

Comment

• NightTran
              King of Digital Video
              King of Digital Video
              • Aug 2005

look into this post and start in all the scan then you will see

sigpic

Comment

• Chewy
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2003

from the scans I have seen lately I would put the maxells slightly above sony(made in tawain) but below taiyo yuden or verbatim in quality. I have never seen the maxell's at a good price tho and have never burned any myself.

if the maxell's were cheaper I would use them

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                  Demigod of Digital Video
                  • Nov 2004

50 maxell @bestbuy here fo' 10.99
                  "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
                  Columbo moments...
                  "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
                  "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
                  (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• Chewy
                    Super Moderator
                    • Nov 2003

dollar to a dime says they are MIT

Comment

• locoeng
                      Who Farted?
                      • Dec 2005

I agree...I usually paid a mint for mine.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. It's not fair to you and no challenge for us."
                      Walt Kelly

Comment

• rahzel
                        just farted
                        • Aug 2004

i've said this many times here, but i guess no one seems to believe me. initial disc quality scans are NOT a good indication of how long the media will last. Maxell MIJ media is one of the most compatible media, they have a very good success rate and they do VERY well in professionally done longevity tests, better than Taiyo Yuden and Verbatim. i would rate Maxell Plus Series (one of Maxell's Professional grade DVD-R's, all guaranteed to be made in Japan) higher than both Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎