Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forumadm/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forumadm/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forumadm/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forumadm/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 VHS to DVD - Digital Video Forums

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VHS to DVD

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GALE
    • Dec 2003

VHS to DVD

Purchased Sonic MyDVD v4.5.2 - have WINXP with 35 gigs of free space. When I go to the "capture" screen I set the record time to the time of the VHS but a message at the bottom of the screen says that 1 hr and 27 min is availabe on C: - to repeat I have 35 gigs of free space.
    Tried changing quality from BEST to Better,etc and it did not increase time very much. Went ahead and started capturing and sure enough the program stopped after 1 hr 26 min and 30 sec.
    Any help. Thank you.
  • sfheath
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Sep 2003

I don't know Sonic - can you capture in mpeg2?
    This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

If the program is limiting you to that amount of time, simply capture the video in two pieces...

Comment

• reboot
        Digital Video Expert
        Digital Video Expert
        • Apr 2004

Uncompressed avi will take up 35 gig, in about 1hr and 27 min.
        My DVDLab (and other) Guides

Comment

• howndawg
          • Feb 2005

MPEG-2 disk space

I don't know the Sonic product, but first capturing to uncompressed AVI sounds a little silly unless you have other purposes in mind (like maximizing quality, editing, special effects, transitions etc) before compressing to MPEG-2. There are other products that capture direct to MPEG-2, with editing tools etc, ready for DVD authoring. Standard MPEG-2 encoded using VBR of 4mbps and MPEG1 L2 audio will record more than two hours on a 4.7 DVDR. Going through the process of capturing uncompressed video, editing it, software recompress, DVD author, then burn sounds pretty labourious and consumes a ton of disk space.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎