X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

Star Wars Episode II DVD

Star Wars Episode II will be coming out on DVD on November 12.

It will have a similar set of extra features as the Episode I DVD, with quite a few documentaries, featurettes, the "Across the Stars" music video, galleries and the usual set of trailers/TV spots.

A rather curious/annoying decision is to release it in both widescreen (the original and the best) and fullscreen (hacked up version of widescreen) versions.

I don't remember Episode I coming in a fullscreen version, and since George Lucas is supposed to be very sensitive about how a movie is presented in theatres (eg. must be presented in the best sound system, THX and all that), I don't know what happened this time.

And what if I want to complete my Star Wars DVD collection entirely in fullscreen - will Episode I, III to VI be released in fullscreen version as well?

Seems like someone in marketing thought this would be a good idea - just like releasing the Australian R4 version of Harry Potter in fullscreen version only

You can read the Starwars.com article on the Episode II DVD here :

Watch the seeds of Anakin Skywalker's transformation take root in Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones. Ten years after the invasion of Naboo, the galaxy is on the brink of civil war. Under the leadership of a renegade Jedi named Count Dooku, thousands of solar systems threaten to break away from the Galactic Republic. When an assassination attempt is made on Senator Padmé Amidala, the former Queen of Naboo, twenty-year-old Jedi apprentice Anakin Skywalker is assigned to protect her. In the course of his mission, Anakin discovers his love for Padmé as well as his own darker side. Soon, Anakin, Padmé, and Obi-Wan Kenobi are drawn into the heart of the Separatist movement and the beginning of the Clone Wars.

You can read the 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment press release on the Episode II DVD here :

Last edited by admin; 2 Aug 2002, 02:24 PM.
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog
Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎