Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forumadm/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Request SHW-160H6S Original Firmware (CP81, oem firmware, not retail) - Digital Video Forums

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Request SHW-160H6S Original Firmware (CP81, oem firmware, not retail)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cats869
    • Aug 2014

Request SHW-160H6S Original Firmware (CP81, oem firmware, not retail)

Hello,

I have a Compaq Presario SR1850NX desktop computer. It's about 8 years old now but what I want to talk about today is specifically about the DVD Burner that comes included with the desktop.

The model is a Liteon SHW-160H6S OEM drive packaged with the CP81 firmware (OEM firmware, not retail firmware).
    A few years ago, I decided to flash the firmware for the sake of updating using the provided firmware available on the HP site which was version CP91. After the seemingly successful flash, my dvd burner would never work properly again. The DVD burner will still turn on and can still open and close the disc tray but won't detect or read the DVD/CDs but is properly detected by the BIOS and by Windows.

I have looked online by myself to figure out how to unbrick my drive after the failed firmware upgrade but with no luck. Now I ask any of you if you may possibly have this working DVD drive which may be like finding a needle in a haystack but still worth asking so I can receive a copy of your working or original firmware. I tried to flash it after the unsuccessful flash but it seems like it has no effect.

Retail firmwares won't work since this drive won't accept it. Also I looked far and wide for the original OEM firmware but could not find it. I heard there was a way to cross convert blah your OEM drive into a retail but not sure if that is possible to do it to an existing bricked drive, hmm...

Anyway, many thanks for all the help I can get!

For reference,
    Compaq Presario Media Center SR1850NX Desktop PC | HP® Support
  • Cats869
    • Aug 2014

Sorry for the double post, but I was trying to see if I could change the title of the thread to "Trying to Revive a Bricked SHW-160H6S OEM Drive", thanks.

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎