Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forumadm/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forumadm/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forumadm/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forumadm/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forumadm/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forumadm/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forumadm/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forumadm/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forumadm/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 Warning: Undefined array key "p" in /home/forumadm/public_html/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 794 How to resize in Virtualdubmod? :( - Digital Video Forums

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to resize in Virtualdubmod? :(

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VUKALA
    • Jan 2008

How to resize in Virtualdubmod? :(

First of i tried reading some of the other posts and I didnt find any that address my problem. just a heads up in case ppl might have already addressed this.

I have a file around 200Mb and its frame size is 352X480 and it is a pretty messed up size. I was wondering if there was any way I could change it to a bigger frame size without losing picture quality and increasing the size. I tried the resize tool in virtual dubmod and it was resized into a 352X240 but the file size changed to around 900MB so I was wondering if there is any way I could change the frame size without increasing the file size drastically. Step by Step instructions would be appreciated as I am kind of new to this.

Thank you
  • paglamon
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Aug 2005

I was wondering if there was any way I could change it to a bigger frame size without losing picture quality
    Not possible.You will always lose quality.
    sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• VUKALA
      • Jan 2008

well, wat i meant was is there any way to resize to 352X240 without making them collossally huge such as 800 MB while the file is originally 200MB. It is in 352X480 currently and I just really need to make it into 352X240.

Comment

• paglamon
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Aug 2005

Yes. You can do that in Virtualdub( MOD or MPEG2).Apply the RESIZE filter.Then encode with XviD.Set the bitrate in XviD to get the desired file size.
        sigpic

Comment

• VUKALA
          • Jan 2008

paglamon, first of all thank you for replying I have gotten up to the resize filter and I've entered the desired sizes but I'm not sure how to encode with Xvid any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

• paglamon
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Aug 2005

Select VIDEO/Compression. You will get a list of codecs including XviD(if it is installed).Select it and then select Configure at the right panel. Under XviD configuration Main Settings there is a place for Target Bitrate.Just beside it is the Calc button.It is the calculator.Click it.Now put the target size and the length of the video at their designated places and you will get the target bitrate.
            sigpic

Comment

• VUKALA
              • Jan 2008

pag, thank you very much once again. after this do I just save it as a new file or will it overwrite over the original and how do I convert the 201MB into kilobytes? sorry about all these n00b questions but hopefully I can gain some knowledge. btw I'm desi too

Comment

• VUKALA
                • Jan 2008

also i have some really thin, black lines along the sides of the video, is there any software to crop or remove these lines?

Comment

• paglamon
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  • Aug 2005

Save as new file.

also i have some really thin, black lines along the sides of the video, is there any software to crop or remove these lines?
                  Virtualdubmod/Video/Filters/Null Transform and configure it.

1MB=1024KB
                  201 MegaBytes = 205824 KiloBytes

Remember that Bytes and bits are different. 1 Byte =8 bits.
                  Bitrate is mentioned as kbps (kilobits per second).
                  sigpic

Comment

• VUKALA
                    • Jan 2008

Pag one more question after I null transform it do I set the parameters in cropping? and After that I'm figuring I'll have to wait till the dub is complete correct?

Comment

• paglamon
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      • Aug 2005

Pag one more question after I null transform it do I set the parameters in cropping?
                      Once you add the Null Transform filter,you will get a CROPPING button on the right side of the panel.Click on it and you will get another window "Filter Input Cropping".Now just click on the Up and Down arrows at X1 offset,X2 offset,Y1 offset,Y2 offset to get rid of the black borders.Move the slider at the bottom to get to a bright frame where you can clearly delineate the black borders.
                      Now click OK.Select your video and audio compression and save as a new avi.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎