X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

Malware Attack On Forum - October 2010

Some of you may be getting a message saying something similar to "Visiting this site may harm your computer!", or that the forum and other Digital Digest websites have been identified as "hosting malware".

What has actually happened was that the ad server hosting the ads on the forum and other sites was hacked due to an exploit in the ad hosting software, sometime in the last 10 hours. It has been identified and fixed (I've installed the new version of the ad serving software that closed the exploit, plus server security changes and removing injected database entries), but the site has been flagged by Google and so you may still get the "This site may harm your computer" message until Google reviews the site (I've already submitted the request for a review). It could be a matter of hours, or a few days, before the sites are unflagged.

The actual forum/sites were not hacked, just the ad serving software (installed on ads.digital-digest.com), so user accounts, passwords and the like are secure.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Last edited by admin; 16 Oct 2010, 02:56 PM.
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog
Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎