Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DarthJango
    • Jan 2002

Trying to Convert MOV to MPEG

I am trying to burn LOTR onto DVD and I want to add the trailers for for Fellowship Of The Ring and The Two Towers. I've managed to find Trailers for FOTR in mpeg format but I can only find trailers for TTT in MOV format. I tried using TMPGEnc to covert using the quicktime plug in but when its done the mpg has video but no audio. I tried using Quicktime Pro to convert it but it won't export because it can't be saved. Can anyone tell me if I'm doing something wrong or tell me where i can get the trailer in MPEG format? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
  • Batman
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2002

Possible software:

TMPGEnc (QTREADER)
    MOV2AVI
    Rad tools
    Screen capture software
    Quicktime Pro

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

"I tried using Quicktime Pro to convert it but it won't export because it can't be saved"

This doesn't appear to make any sense. If you have the full version of Quicktime Pro, when you select either "Export" or "Save as", you should have several options regarding both the video and audio formats...

Comment

• smoketer104
        • Oct 2003

how to convert protected mov to mpeg

I have found a creative way to do this with an audio recorder (goldwave - shareware) and tmpgenc.

1st - open goldwave and click new file
        2nd - open the quicktime movie
        3rd - start recording in goldwave, then start the movie (make sure that your microphone is muted, and the wave volume is about 50%)

goldwave will record a few seconds of audio before the movie starts. after you are finished, you will be able to see a "spike" in the graph. simply zoom in and delete everything before the spike (exactly) and after the audio has stopped recording. The video and audio will be in sync if you do this (shift+up arrow will zoom in so that you delete at the right place)

Now open tmpgenc, and select the video as whatever.mov and the audio as whatever.wav (the wave file that was created by govlwave.

TaDah!

Comment

• Debbydo
          • Oct 2003

Converting .MOV to .MPEG

I'm a newbee... did you get an answer that worked for you? I am new to the world of converting movie files and am using MovieMaker2. My new dig camera outputs MOV files... Is there some software that actually works? I'm not hearing good things yet. Thanks

Comment

• smoketer104
            • Oct 2003

If you are making the "MOV" files, then they should not be protected. Download "TMPGEnc" here: http://www.tmpgenc.net and Download the Quicktime Plugin here: http://www.geocities.com/SiliconVall...2/QTReader.zip

Put the plugin into c:\program files\TMPGenc\ or whatever folder that TMPGEnc is installed into, and you will be able to read convert the mov files.

TIP: If you press the "LOAD" button in TMPGEnc, you will be able to use a template that will setup a perfect VCD (MPEG) file. Then you can just start converting without worrying about the settings.

Comment

• shiny#3
              Digital Video Master
              Digital Video Master
              • Jul 2003

maybe this makes things more simple.....

the cinema craft encoder is able to convert
              quicktime format movies (*.mov) directly if they have a
              common framerate

Comment

• Debbydo
                • Oct 2003

Very cool ya'all... I'll give a try. Thanks

Comment

• Debbydo
                  • Oct 2003

Ok, I tried. How do I rename my username to "Lost In Space"? I keep getting error messages "Illegal Stream Format" and so on... it keeps telling me the MOV format is not supported.... plhhhhh

I tried from the "Load" button and anywhere else I could... did I not do something?

Comment

• underwurlde
                    • Oct 2003

This worked for me....

I *HATE* QT MOV files: they are a pain in the ar*e but unfortunately people insist on using them. Apple Mac format stuff should be just that - for the Mac!

I dl'd four free Animatrix films from the official web site that were in QT .MOV format that just would NOT play properly on my laptop. To this end I spent a couple of DAYS trying to encode them to a sensible AVI encoded format.

{After searching the internet I found various ways of converting .MOV files that involved stripping out the Audio (using Total Recorder) and the Video Data (using Rad Tools Blink) and then recombining the resulting files into an encoded AVI using VirtualDub - This did NOT work for me and was a bl**dy nightmare to do t'boot}

This is what I have found that worked perfectly for me:

First I installed QuickTime v6.4 and then QuickTime Alternative:
                    Installing QuickTime Alternative seems to unlock some options in QuickTime v6.4, such as the abiltiy to import & export to different types of Movie File (Such as AVI or MPEG-4)! However, installing QuickTime alternative may muck up the audio output of QuickTime.
                    To resolve this try:
                    Control Panel -> Double click QuickTime icon -> Sound Output:
                    Select 'Windows Preferred Device'
                    [Or via QuickTime menus: Edit -> Preferences -> QuickTime Preferences...]

Now need to get the original .MOV movie properties:
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Start QuickTime v6.4 and open required .MOV movie file.
                    Select Movies -> Get Movie Properties:
                    Left hand box, select :
                    'Video Track' or 'Audio Track'
                    Right Hand Box select various information such as:
                    'Format' gives movie frame size 'Frame Rate' gives movie frame rate.

Converting a .MOV movie file (Video & Audio Simultaneously)
                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Open .MOV movie file in QuickTime v6.4 but don't play it.
                    Get movie properties (see above) and note Frame rate and Audio sample rates etc.
                    File -> Export as AVI
                    Set settings for AVI export:
                    Options -> Video Settings:
                    Compression: None
                    Depth: Thousands of colours
                    Quality: Best
                    Frames Per Sec: 23.98 (as original)
                    Options -> Audio Settings:
                    Comperssor: None
                    Rate: 44.1Khz (as original)
                    Size: 16 bit
                    Use: Sterio (as original)
                    Choose a file name and click save to export. Will now get the exporting movie progress bar. Note exported AVI movie may not be playable - don't worry about this...

Encode using VirtualDub
                    ------------------------------
                    Open VirtualDub and open newly created uncompressed AVI file.
                    VirtualDub may then automatically reconstruct the AVI file by reconstucting the missing index block (aggressive mode).This process takes about 1 minute per Gb of AVI data.
                    Now using VirtualDub set up compression formats for video (eg DivX) and Audio (MPEG Layer 3):

Video -> Select 'Full processing mode'
                    Compression: Select codec (eg DivX):
                    MPEG-4 Fast Motion
                    Configure -> Keyframe every 1sec
                    Audio -> Select 'Full processing mode'
                    Compression: MPEG Layer 3:
                    Select 128k bits 44.1KHz sterio (as original)
                    Options:
                    Deselect Display input video
                    Deselect Display output video
                    Select Sync to Audio
                    File -> Save as AVI.. choose File name then Save.
                    A DivX AVI movie will now be created.

Once done, don't forget to delete the huge exported AVI movie file used to create the compressed AVI movie file!

et viola

Hope this works for you!

Cheers,

Andy

Comment

• yasaki
                      • Aug 2009

Convert a file using QuickTime Pro
                      1. Open your documents, video, or audio file in QuickTime Pro.
                      2. Click File > Export.
                      3. Select the format you wish to export to from the Export drop down menu.
                      4. Click Save.

Comment

• ipadfans
                        • Jul 2010

Recommander à un quicktime conversion au format MPEG logiciel libre:
                        Il quicktime Convertir les fichiers au format MPEG, MPG, MP4, AVI, WMV, etc.

quicktimeconverter.org/quicktime-to-mpeg-converter.html

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎