Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New RV9 Guide. Links included for software and also GUIDE UPDATE!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ToiletDuck
    • Jul 2002

New RV9 Guide. Links included for software and also GUIDE UPDATE!

Well guys here is the new and improved guide to using RV9. After I wrote the last one I found a few little things that I messed up on. Also a few things that I forgot to mention. So for those of you that tried it I am sorry. I'm going to take a little more time out of my day to write this one and be a little more detailed. Also links are included that will let you get the right codecs... Now I can't take full credit for this. The links were given to me by someone else and I also spent a great deal of time translating a website that has a simular guide but is in french. So here you go.

Before we get started you need to have a few things:
    1. You need to download the GordianKnot .21 install file and .26 update from www.doom9.org
    2. You will need to get BeSweet also found at <http://www.doom9.org>
    3. You need to get the RV9 codec found at <http://bsopclips003.free.fr/RealSyst...view_Setup.exe>
    4. The GUI to use the codec at http://bsopclips003.free.fr/Rm9GUI_0.1.0.42.exe
    5. The RealOne Gold player here <http://bsopclips003.free.fr/RealOnePlayerGold.exe>
    HINT# install all the above before you even get started. MAKE SURE THAT YOU INSTALL THE CODEC FIRST THEN THE GUI TO USE IT!!!!!!!!

Getting started:

Ok now lets jump right into making a beautiful rip.

1. First open up dvd2avi. Go and load the dvd that you want to work with by selecting File->Open. Select the .vob file and hit ok.

2. Now go to the video tab. Go to Field Operation and select Forced Film. (I have never seen a movie on DVD that is interlaced so it is safe to say this option is best).

3. Go to the Audio tab. Select the Audio Track that you want to use by selecting Track Number. Then go to Dolby Digital and select Dumux.

4. Once you have done this go to File->Save Project. Now type in the dame of the project and hit save. now close DVD2AVI.
    HINT# .rm files or rmvb(real media and real media variable bitrate) files are not very editable. I haven't found any programs that let me Cut and Chop them as I would like to. If you would like to do something like take off the end credits now is the time to do it. Simply use the slider at the bottom of DVD2AVI to select the beginning and end points of the file that you would like to use. This is an easy way to cut off unwanted credits and such!!!!

5. Now open up Gknot. In the bottom left corner you will see DVD2AVI. Select Open underneath it and select the .d2v file that you created. A screen will open up showing a shot of the movie. Leave this open you will need it on step #7.

6. Once you have done this select the Resolution tab. This is where you change the screensize of the output. I usually use what Gknot has it already set at. I have found that RV9 is a very nicee compressor and works fine at the sizes. Even if you ahve a nice big long movie like Saving Private Ryan just leave it where it is. Most programs only let you select the outputs in variables of 16. RV9 GUI will let you make it however you want it. So leave it like it is then we will fix that later.

7. Now go back to the output screen that opened up when you selected the open under DVD2AVI. Select VIEW and check resize.

8. Now go to save and encode. A small screen will pop up giving you a few options. Originally I had said that I was recieving great results with leaving things how they where. However if you really want a beautiful looking rip I would say to go ahead and select the Sharp Bicubic. This will edit a little of the info that it creats in the .avs file so that when RV9 goes over it a little more detail will be shown.

9. Now hit SAVE. Not SAVE AND ENCODE. Oncec you have done this you may close Gknot and all other screens you may have open.

***HINT# before you move on go find your .avs file that you just created. Open it with wordpad and go to where it says mpeg2source("D:\Saving Private Ryan\Saving Private Ryan.d2v"). We are going to edit this text just a littl bit to make it easier on you. Type video= in front of it and the following two lines
    audio=wavsource("D:\Saving Private Ryan\Saving Private Ryan.wav")
    audiodub(video, audio)

Your final output should look like this.
    video=('D:\Saving Private Ryan\Saving Private Ryan.d2v')
    audio=wavsource("D:\Saving Private Ryan\Saving Private Ryan.wav")
    audiodub(video, audio)

Now save and move on.

****Got this piece of info off the French site once I translated it. Helped me out of a problem I overlooked the first time.

10. Now go and start your Real Media Encoder 9 GUI.

11.Go to where it says INPUT and select the file. Remember that the file we saved from Gknot is an AVS file so you need to search fot that type of file.

12. Now that you have the .avs file selected there is no need to select an output file, leave it blank. The program will automatically make you one in the folder you are using.

13.Now we get to the PROFILES. I generally use the preset ones. I find that on a movie such as Snatch, 103 min long, 750-1m VBR is just fine leaving it at the initial 640xX resolution. However if you would like to play around with this you may select the Audience Generator at the bottom. It is pretty much self explanitory once in there. The only real tricky part is selecting the Audio that you would like to use. The one selected is fine, however if you would like you can make it into multi-channel surround sound. Just scrool down in the middle to find that.

14. Now if you were wanting to Resize, like on Saving Private Ryan, this is the place to do it. I made my 320x173 which gives me a near perfect 1.85:1 aspect ratio. Also remember that if you do resize a movie you don't need as much bitrate. I selected 500kbps and got a very nice looking rip onto one disk.

15.Now that you have done that make usre to keep the video mode SHARP and audio mode MUSIC. I find this gives best quality.

16. Now if you would like to do any cropping or change any additional features you may do so now by selecting the different tabs. I usually turn off the first pass just because I don't like waiting. However if you would like to make your rips work into a slightly smaller area go ahead and let it go. Now that we have gotten that out of the way go ahead and hit start and let her RIP!!!!!

TD
Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎