Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ToiletDuck
    • Jul 2002

Not a Newb anymore... But need help :)

Ok here is the deal. I am creating some of the most beautiful rips that I have ever seen. Tonight I am going to set up a ftp onto my computer and let a couple of people download from me. But before I do this I want to do something. Some of my rips are just plain awsome. My snatch at 555 mb is great!!! Before I send it I wanted to add something to it that couldn't be changed that way when people first start it they would see like 3 seconds worth that said my name. However I am using the RV9 codec. Is there a tool that will let me do it? Or is it possible for me to make a 3 second avi clip of what I want and attach it to the beginning of the movie??? I know that RealOne supports both formats but is it possible? or is there another solution?
    Thanx
    TD
  • Warlock
    • Jul 2002

Or is it possible for me to make a 3 second avi clip of what I want and attach it to the beginning of the movie???

Here is info taken from VB's site

Maybe, but only if they are AVI files.

VirtualDub 1.2's auto-segment-join feature that allows it to join segments from the same video clip can also be used to join two separate clips, assuming the clips are identical in video and audio format, and all but the last are cleanly sliced. This means exact same compression, frame rate, frame size, and sampling rate. VirtualDub will not attempt to resync the second clip after merging the audio and video streams, so you will have to trim the end of the first clip clean; this can be done by decompressing the audio in the first clip to PCM, writing out a temporary file, loading that file back in, backing off the dub operation endpoint, and saving a new temporary file.

To merge the clips, load the first clip, and then attach the second clip using Append video segment.... With luck, the two files will be compatible. Set both the video and audio modes to Direct Stream Copy and save out the merged file.

Comment

• Batman
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Jan 2002

You can also download a logo filter for Virtualdub, you can then impose a logo on your film.

Comment

• ToiletDuck
        • Jul 2002

if you'll notice it said same video format. And it is RV9 codec I don't know of anything that supports it.

Comment

• Batman
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Jan 2002

You could try Virtualdub, though it may be unlikely to accept the RV9 codec, you still might want to give it a try.

I would suggest you do a search on google.com for a graphics software that may support the RV9 codec.

Comment

• Warlock
            • Jul 2002

This is a very difficult task.
            I created an epilogue with coral 10 using the movie feature. Spent many hours on just the AVI alone. I made sure the frame rate, frame size, was the same as the Film I wanted to attach it to. When I finished the AVI I made sure it was uncompressed and set it aside. Then I started the audio. I used the wave studio that came with my sound card (Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum) I mixed the sounds and music that I wanted and made sure my calculations were correct for timing with different frames on my epilogue. Then I saved the audio as uncompressed (PCM) format.
            Then I used Virtual Dub to compress the AVI and set the fps to match the Film. Once the AVI was completed I went back and muxed the audio into the AVI. My epilogue was finished and it was time to append. When I loaded both Avi’s it error out displaying " Video stream have different sampling rates 23.97622 vs. 23.97602". My audio was right on the money but the video was off .00020. Needless to say I never did get it to work but this should give you an idea how curtail these 2 clips have to be exactly the same in all aspects.

Comment

• ToiletDuck
              • Jul 2002

Well Iknow that there is a RV9 to avi program. But is there a avi to rv9? Then I could create it in .avi and transform it to .avi. also can corel use other file types that I could possible compress using RV9? woooaaaaaa. How about if i made it using .avi in very high quality then compressed the .avi with RV9. It can do that!? What you think?

Comment

• Batman
                Lord of Digital Video
                Lord of Digital Video
                • Jan 2002

I beleive Real would offer encoding software, that can also convert avi and mpeg media to their propreitary rv formats. You may want to look into "real producer" and the real.com products section of the website.

Comment

• ToiletDuck
                  • Jul 2002

I'm sorry but have you ever been to www.real.com?:) That is the poorest designed website in the world. Good luck finding something you need there.

Comment

Working...