Dish Network verses Digital Cable - which is better?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skydog
    • Aug 2002

Dish Network verses Digital Cable - which is better?

Hello Everyone

I'm planning to get either Digital Cable (Time Warner) or the Dish Network.

Both systems seem to offer similar price packages, so for me, the most important selling point would be picture quality. Now they say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, and that certainly applies to what I know about home electronics, so I'm hoping a reader can clear this up for me. I've heard that the Dish Network will give me better picture quality over non hdtv digital cable, but if both systems provide a digital signal, I'm just not sure how that's possible? I do know that my cable provider says they will already use the pre existing cable in my home, except that if I want a digital upgrade, I will need a new converter. Like I said, I'm pretty clueless about all this, so any information will be greatly appreciated. I've also heard the Dish Network has picture problems on cloudy days, but I've read other post from Dish Network subscribers that claim it takes extreme rain or cloud cover to cause any problems.

Ok I'm going to keep my fingers crossed, and hopfully I can get some good advice )

Thanks

Skydog
  • techno
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Nov 2001

well, I am 15 and I am not tryin to be big headed here but I do know a bit on the electronics side

Your better of with the cable digital because the weather doesn't effect it...depends where the company get their "contracts" from.

And yup, u have to change the converter because analogue cable won't accept digital cable signals!

How can 1 be better than the other? simple:

the strength of the signal and also, the place where they get the channels from!

it's as simple as that

hope it helps!

Techno

Comment

Working...