• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CoWbOyPoEt
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Apr 2002

1100 mb VCD on one CD ??????

I read in VCDHelp.com that when it comes to buring VCD data on vd's, it is the length of the film and not the amount that counts. In the same help file it states that one can put a 1100 mb vcd file on one 90 min ( 800 mb cd ) as long as the vcd is under the 90 minute mark.Now, before i go and waste a cd, has anyone out there ever tried this,and does it really work?? If it does work, can I do this with Nero, or CDRWin??

Thanx in advance for the help...
    AMD 2800 Barth
    1024 Gig DDR Ram
    NVidea G-Force 5600 Pro 128 MB
    Onboard sound
    2 x 80 Gig Hard Drives
    lite-On LTR 16102 B
    lite-on DVDRW LDW-851S
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"before i go and waste a cd"

In theory, the statement is correct. I've not personally had the opportunity to check it out. Why don't you "bite the bullet" and try one (not really costly) CD? The you can post your findings here for the benefit of all ;>}

Comment

• Nielchiano
      • Aug 2002

'ts both correct and incorrect:

it states that one can put a 1100 mb vcd file on one 90 min ( 800 mb cd )
      is incorrect: you cannot get more that 800MB on that disc.

as long as the vcd is under the 90 minute mark
      Is correct.

The point is: if it is a 1.1GB movie of, say 85 minutes, you canget it on a 90 minutes CD only if you recompress it to some (lower) bitrate. This will make a smaller file, one that can fit on the CD, so around 800MB.

and as setarip said, a CD-R here costs 0.50 euro (about 0.50$ too) so...
      We were all newbies once... and we all needed some help once, so lets once help the newbies.

Comment

• CoWbOyPoEt
        Gold Member
        Gold Member
        • Apr 2002

ok, heres what Ive found....

I didnt get the 1100 on a cd but I did somethign else..

I have found a way to put a full length movie on one cd without losing any quality. I have successfully completed two VCD so far using this method. The two DVD’s I used were, 1) Coyote Ugly, and 2) Domestic Disturbance.
        I am using DVD2VCD along with TMPGEnc. The first thing I do is create two .bin/.cue files using DVD2SVCD. ( This program works in conjunction with TMPGEnc ) Then once this is finished, I open the two .bin files using ISO Buster., pulling out the video files. Each should be around 600-700 mb’s. Then, using TMPGEnc, I merge the two files together, making sure that the end of file one does not overlap with the beginning of file two. Then, using the tools in TMPGEnc, I cut the credits off the end of the movie. Now, you should have a SVCD video file of about 1300-1400 mb’s. Now, once again using TMPGEnc, convert the SVCD file into a VCD file.. You should end up with a perfect quality VCD file of about 800-900 mb’s. Now, what I do is, I use VCD imager to create a .bin and a .cue file for this VCD. Then, using CDRWin, I burn this as a VCD. It all fits on one 800/90min cd. The quality is really really good, and the sound and video match up perfectly. This all should work perfectly as long as the length of the movie ( 60-80-90 Min ) does not exceed the cd capacity.
        I am not saying this will work for everyone, but it should. I have had do problems with the first two VCD I have made. Please let me know how it works for you.
        AMD 2800 Barth
        1024 Gig DDR Ram
        Onboard sound
        2 x 80 Gig Hard Drives
        lite-On LTR 16102 B
        lite-on DVDRW LDW-851S

Comment

• Nielchiano
          • Aug 2002

I have found a way to put a full length movie on one cd without losing any quality
          WRONG!
          In my count, you start off with a VCD file 1.1GB (That's MPEG1 compressed) (compression 1)
          Then, you make a SVCD of it (compression2)
          Then you recompress to VCD compression 3

That is 3 conversion passes instead of the (minimum) one. as with all lossy conversions you lose quality in every compression. So in your way, you lose that quality TWICE!

I agree that that lose might not be noticable, but it will be. Come on, you don't believe that you can put a file of 2MB on a 1.4MB disk without losing anything??? (leave out any ZIP/RAR/ACE stuff)
          We were all newbies once... and we all needed some help once, so lets once help the newbies.

Comment

• CoWbOyPoEt
            Gold Member
            Gold Member
            • Apr 2002

I did this twice using the method I mentioned above. Both times I fit the complete movie on one 800-90 min cd. If theres a loss in quality, you wont notice it. The video looks great and there is no loss ( that one can notice ) in the sound. Yes, I am a beginner, all I know is that I started out with one DVD and ended up with that movie on one cd with great looking results. This is all I can tell you. Try it, and let me know..

Bye 4 Now...
            AMD 2800 Barth
            1024 Gig DDR Ram
            Onboard sound
            2 x 80 Gig Hard Drives
            lite-On LTR 16102 B
            lite-on DVDRW LDW-851S

Comment

• Surya
              • Jan 2006

naku ekkada kanipinchaledu aa software.... kasta aa download link ivvandi guru....

Comment

• techreactor
                Banned
                • Jul 2005

Surya, do you realise, this thread was started in the year 2002 !!!!

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                  Demigod of Digital Video
                  • Nov 2004

and the information is now pretty much incorrect as we can now put full length films on a single CD-R
                  "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
                  Columbo moments...
                  "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
                  "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
                  (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎