Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drossxyu
    • Sep 2002

Divx 5.0.2 Video Goes Black After Several Seconds

I' m having a huge problem trying to play divx files. I have 3.11alpha and 5.0.2 installed, and its doing some wierd things. I'll start up a 5.0.2 encoded file and it'll show black video and sound. If I minimize and then maximize it, the video will appear. But only for several seconds! then it will go black again. I can then do the same minimize/maximize trick to get it to appear again for a short amount of time. I have a firegl2 video card, im running windows 2000 (service pack 3) and i have the latest directx. Any ideas?

-Drossxyu
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Load it into VirtualDub

VirtualDub may have to reconstruct the index blocks

Whether this proves to be the case or not, first play the file under VirtualDub to determine if there are REAL periods of no video

Set both "Video" and "Audio" to "Direct Stream Copying" and save with a new filename

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• drossxyu
      • Sep 2002

The thing is, is that these are video files i've viewed in the past. They all run perfectly fine so i know for a fact that there aren't physical blocks of black in the video file. Also, i tried opening a file that requires divx 5.0.2 in Adobe Premiere and it worked fine...even though i've uninstalled DIVx? This is really strange...Any other ideas? Thanks for the reply

-Drossxyu

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"I have 3.11alpha and 5.0.2 installed"

"Also, i tried opening a file that requires divx 5.0.2 in Adobe Premiere and it worked fine...even though i've uninstalled DIVx?"

You appear to be totally contradicting yourself.
        Do you or don't you have any DivX codecs installed on your system?

"The thing is, is that these are video files i've viewed in the past."

You ceretainly should have mentioned this in your initial post.

Putting together the pieces of your postings, it seems probable that you've "monkeyed" with the DivX codec(s) in an inappropriate manner.

You might try TOTALLY uninstalling any DivX codecs and then first reinstalling the v.3.11 codec and then the v.5.02 codec...

Comment

• drossxyu
          • Sep 2002

The reason i was totally contradicting myself is because when i first posted, i had both 3.11 and 5.0.2 installed, and when i posted a second time, i uninstalled both. Right now i have neither, if i look in add\remove programs, but apparently it stills exists somewhere on my computer since in adobe premiere i am able to view 5.0.2 files. All the files i'm trying to view are not encoded by me and are divx files that i know have worked perfectly fine in the past. I have tried installing 3..11, and then 5.0.2. I've installed the latest windows media player.

-drossxyu

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎