Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

dvd 2 vcd WITH SUBTITLES - other than flask, or squeezer, what to use?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tejotasbd
    • Jul 2002

dvd 2 vcd WITH SUBTITLES - other than flask, or squeezer, what to use?

i like both flaskmpeg, and dvd2mpg squeezer, but, heres the problem.

im tryin to encode to mpeg from VOBs of "dogma" ripped by smartripper241.

flask .594 allows me to select the subtitles, but they dont show up in the "preview", and hence arent on the final mpeg. this version of flask handled the subtitles on "iron monkey" just fine......so i dont know whats up.

flask .06 (with "thunder" plugin to accept VOBs) lets me select the subtiles, but just like .594, they dont show up - and to add insult to injury, lmao, this version keeps crashing.

another version of flask .06..."subtitles fixed" - got it from doom9.net - subtitles WORK ! success! lol, or so it would seem - it also keeps crashing

next up is dvd2mpg squeezer - crash problems - i didnt tinker with it as much as i did flask, so i dont recall exactly the problem, lol, but i dont think it even started encoding before it crashed.

as for dvdx - lol, i installed it, tried to run it, and got a message about "dsound.dll" - i searched my hd, and the file is there, in 2 different places even, guess dvdx doesnt like my sb live? or doesnt like dx7? lol, i dont know.

things i forgot to mention.....im running 98se, dx7, sblive, v3 3000, celeron (not o/c'ed - running very cool) when flask .06 was crashing, id get a message about a dixv file causing it ( not an AVI, but one of the files the divx codec installs) so i uninstalled all versions divx, seached the hd and deleted all the files pertaining to the codec, searched the registry and got rid of all related entries....thought i had it fixed..flask still crashed - this time saying flaskmpeg.exe was causing the crash ! lol, it had to spite me ! so im giving up on flask i might still tinker with squeezer, no comment on dvdx, so i need something else to try - it must handle the subtitles.

any thoughts? any would be greatly appreciated
Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎