Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shnilly
    • Sep 2002

Matshita SR-8585 : Please I am a n00b

Hi - my DVD_ROM drive is currently locked on Region 1 and I need it back to region 4. I have read and re-read all info on the site - but I am as useless now as before i read it. The only info in the download section I could find for my drive was the following:

-Matshita (Panasonic) SR-8585 (8X/40X) 1W17, 1W21, 1W26, 1W29, 1W32 / 1S29 / 1Z26 for PC / 1A30 for mac
    (Known firmware : 1A28 / 1A30 [Mac] - 1Z03 / 1Z21 / 1Z26 - 1W17 / 1W21 / 1W22 / 1W26 / 1W29 - 1S29)
    1W17/1W26/1W29 - 1A30 are U/DMA firmware RPC-2
    [link]1X32 for PC[/link] / [link]1X30[/link] for mac (patched by XVI)
    The patched 1X30 / 1X30 firmware are RPC-1, use this one to make your drive region free (the files are based on the 1A30 / 1W32 nfirmware with the region protection removed). To be installed correctly, a drive region code must be selected before using the 1X30 / 1X32 firmware.
    RPC-2

--------------------------------------------------------

My current firmware revision is 1W29 - Which patch do I use -

Any help would be most grateful and if there is anyone who is bored and knows how to do it, could you please run mr through it as I am a complete n00b and don't have much of an idea

Thanks all for ya help

Last edited by shnilly; 14 Sep 2002, 10:04 PM.
  • shnilly
    • Sep 2002

No Matter

Thanks - but I found a link to a page that was an unbelieveable tutorial on how-to-flash my dvd-rom drive. I have fixed it all up within ten minutes and can now play all my DVD's.

It is located at http://forum.firmware-flash.com/viewtopic.php?t=49 - it may only be suitable for my type of DVD_ROM but it is still probably worth a look if you want to know how to do it - step by step.

Comment

• bee
      • Oct 2002

Thanks for the link shnilly ,i`ve wanted to make my dvd (same as yours) region free for ages but i`ve never had the balls to do it,i knew about that site and downloaded the firmware ages ago but i never knew what to do with it and never bothered looking on the forum,but with that guide i done it strait away it was piss easy.
      thank`s
      bee.....

Also have you ever had any problems playing dvds ,i can play cds all the time but dvds seam to just work when they want to,i have to keep ejecting it and trying again till it works,sometimes it don`t work at all and i have to just give up,it`s not the firmware because it did it before i flashed it,iv`e tryed cleaning the lens but it made no diffrence,
      any ideas ?

Comment

• DVDfann
        • Jan 2004

DVD-R/RW playback?

This is a question about the same device I use. I cannot play DVD-RWs with this drive. I have yet to try DVD-Rs. I have a DVD-R recorder that can only record to DVD-R/RW. I've so far tried the TDK DVD-RW brand. Has anyone been able to play DVD-R/RWs on this DVD-Rom? If so, what brand discs? Or is this not possible?

Or has anyone played DVD+R/RW's? If so, I may exchange my DVD recorder for one that can record to DVD+R/RW.

I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎