Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gaz101
    • Oct 2002

Printable DVD-R's

Does anyone know of a Printer which can print onto DVD-R's so that you get the nice label effect? Any help would be great!!!

Cheers!
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Base don what I've read here in other posts, I don't think you want to risk it. It seems that the DVD-Rs are extremely sensitive to physical alteration of the "opposite" side - and may no longer play back properly...

Comment

• Gaz101
      • Oct 2002

Yeah?
      That doesnt sound good. Although i would still like to know if any devices do actually exist....

Comment

• DJcool
        • Jul 2002

yep theres a few printers you can get that will print directly onto the cd or dvd but there quite expensive so your best off just using a proper cd pen to write the title on the dvd

Comment

• nickyct
          • Sep 2002

Setarip is right. I experienced that myself. It's not a good idea to put any label on top of Dvdr. I did couple on my disc and it didn't play right toward the end of the movie. After I removed it it play fine.

Comment

• axis45
            • Aug 2002

A thermal printer is wot u want,I'm looking at one at the mo but expensive,the inscripta is £2.2k in the u.k but can get on ebay for half that,would hope 4 that money it would do a good job and hopefully NOT damage the disc,anyone had any experience??
            Cheers.

Comment

Working...