Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gnagy
    • Oct 2002

SVCD with 834MB of size

My son borrowed couple of svcd from his friend.
    One Ice Age - This one has very good quality (1 hr 22 min long) 480x480 resolution 41khz sampling for sound etc ...
    This disk is on one cd. How you can fit such a good quality movie (svcd) on one cd?

The other one is "Final fantasy" 2 disks SVCD (one 54min other 48min) both are around 834MB big.
    How you can copy over 800MB on one cd? I could not copy this disks (
    Any ideas??
    Thanks
  • Batman
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2002

You may copy in excess of 700 mb for svcd's or vcd's. However, they are burned in a different manner, when say compared to data discs such as divx files.

To copy these discs utilize ISOBUSTER.

Comment

• gnagy
      • Oct 2002

Batman,
      Thank you, Thank you, Thank you
      ISOBUSTER is extracting my file just fine
      You mention that over 700 or 800 MB files are burned special way. Can I get more details? How can I burn such a big file? (using nero 5.5 as vcd/svcd option?) Do you have any good article I can read about this subject?
      Will nero complain when I will try to burn this extracted file?

What about smaller svcd/vcd disks (below 700mb) can I just copy them using nero or should I use clone cd or extract it with ISOBUSTER and reburn it?

Comment

• Batman
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Jan 2002

Your welcome

If you simply wanted to copy these svcd/vcd discs (and have 2 cd drives) you may directly use the direct disc-to-disc option in NERO. ISOBUSTER basically allows you to copy svcd disc files or vcd disc files to your hdd drive.

"You mention that over 700 or 800 MB files are burned special way. Can I get more details? How can I burn such a big file? (using nero 5.5 as vcd/svcd option?) Do you have any good article I can read about this subject?
        Will nero complain when I will try to burn this extracted file?

What about smaller svcd/vcd disks (below 700mb) can I just copy them using nero or should I use clone cd or extract it with ISOBUSTER and reburn it?"

You've pretty much answered your own question Yes you would select the vcd/svcd option in NERO. VCD/SVCD discs are burned in mode 2, which typically offers 100 mb more (since error correction is not required). The only restriction is that the media must be 80 mins or less.

Comment

• gnagy
          • Oct 2002

A’’’’ that was my problem. I did not use option copy disk on fly – I used copy disk option with (create image first to HD) then I got message the file will not fit. (of course files was over 800MB) Now when I extract the mpg it dropped to 726.22MB.
          But it was good exercise, something new I learned.

Thanks again you are great

Comment

• Batman
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Jan 2002

Live and learn As KHP always says, "the best way to learn is to experiment"

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎