Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • qtrim
    • Sep 2002

New protection scheme?

Just got a copy of "The Sum of All Fears." After ripping to HD using smartripper, I tried to play it with PowerDVD, but got this message: "This player is not compatible with the region marking of this disc." The DVD will play from the actual disc using PowerDVD just fine. I re-ripped it with DVDDecryper and got the same result. I used the IFOEdit option to make it region free and that worked, but I've never had to do that before.

On what may be a related issue, I used the "split to 2 DVD's" option and after splitting, all they will play is the first Paramount screen, then PowerDVD stops. Any ideas?
  • thedvdguy
    • Nov 2002

qtrim, I can tell you that i was successfully able to back this movie title up with no problems so I would imagine it is a problem isolated to yourself. I used dvddecrypter and muxed the video and audio to my HDD, re-encoded the video to resize, and compiled using DVD Maestro. The finished product worked fine, however I did not try to simply play the DVD immediately after ripping like you did. It sounds to me like a possible issue with PowerDVD. Just my 2 cents. Good luck

Comment

• fivehours
      • Nov 2002

maybe it is just rare region encoding

you can check with ifoedit region free help

it would not be a real problem

Comment

Working...