Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scoobydood
    • Nov 2002

Communication Error

I don't know if anyone has come accross this problem before but I am having a problem with my Pioneer 104 DVD-rw that has me stumped! I have just stuck in a nice new IBM 120gb hard drive and swapped my old 16x scsi CDrewiter for a IDE Liteon 48x which works a treat.

The 104 reads DVD's faster than ever but when writing just stops anything from 20% to 80% through and says there has been a communication error (in Nero). I have tried 3 different types of media and DVD-decrypter which all worked before and I get the same error I have got the latest ASPI layer and installed that but still the problem persists.

I have not swapped the 104 around it is still the master on the secondary IDE channel. I have not changed the jumper on it is still the master It is running on a 80core ATA100 ribbon cable.

Any ides?

• arky_123
    • Jan 2003

Anyone know the answer to this yet?

A friend of mine is experiencing an absolutely identical problem

I was wondering if this might be related to "laser burnout" with older 104 firmware and new generation media...

Arky ;o)

Comment

• Scoobydood
      • Nov 2002

I solved this when I discovered that the drive had reverted to PIO mode and should be on DMA mode. Just go to settings>device manager and re-set it from there. It happens when there are more than 4 read/write errors as PIO seems to be a "fallback" mode, it just does'nt work very well. Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...